VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi. I hope someone can help me with this. I have a 2hr 38 minute DVD with no menu or chapters. I would like to build a menu for easy access to any of the videos. How can I do this? I have been editing out each video and making separate files for each one, then burning to DVD and making a menu. This is real time consuming for me and I would like to be able to build a menu and tell it which video to play. I know I can make chapters to start each video, but it does not show a list of the videos and if I want the fifth video to play, I have to go up five chapters to get there, versus choosing it on the menu to play the video I want. Any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks. Roy.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    It sounds like you have created a separate movie for each music video, which makes things more complicated than stringing all music videos together into one long movie, then adding chapter points at the start of each segment.

With separate movies, you must give each one an end command that tells it which piece to go to the next. As one single, combined movie, you enter chapter points based on the running time. Many DVD authoring programs can easily create chapter menus where you can rename each numbered chapter to the title of the piece.

You did not say which DVD Authoring program you are using.
    Quote Quote