VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. DV Camera doesn't detect or takes too much time to detect and then is unstable. I've read various articles on line about attempts to force WIN XP to detect the DV camera, some state that replacing certain WIN XP SP2 files with a few from SP1 seem to do the trick but since I can't locate those older SP1 files I am wondering if something else will work.

If I leave the DV Camera (JVC DV3000) connected through the IEEE1394 cable, WINDV, NERO or other similar app will detect the camera eventually after 3 or 4 minutes but it basically just freezes the PC and makes the app unusable.

Have ran this camera before in WINDV a long time ago and seemed to run fine. But now, no go. Pleanty of ram, not a lot of other programs running but something just doesn't seem to jive. Any thoughts?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Try uninstalling Nero. It along with Roxio and Pinnacle are infamous for screwing up other DV applications. Many people report success doing this. Just from your post's title, I suspected you may have one of these(!)
    John Miller
    Quote Quote  
  3. Yes I do, but I installed NERO after the fact to try and correct the problem. Same Result. Do you think Roxio alone could be the cause?
    Quote Quote  
  4. If you have any of those three, try uninstalling each one.
    Quote Quote