VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I need to convert some files to mpeg1 so I can embed some files in a powerpoint presentation and have them actually work on the really really old presentation computer.

Anyway, I was able to convert it to mpeg 1 - or so I thought... but it creates two files... .mpv and .mp2 (the sound file).

I tried to "mux" the two together to create a .mpg file. But it didn't work.

What am I doing wrong? Is there an easier way to do this?

I'm a noob so if anyone knows how I can do this using ffmpegx I'd appreciate it.

Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Failure to mux can be a sign that there is a problem with one or both of the streams. Can you play each in, say, VLC? What are the characteristics of each (resolution, framerate, bitrate)? It might also be worth trying to rename the .mp2 to .mpa. There once was a bug that caused .mp2 to be treated as .mp3 (I think); using .mpa as the extension solved that. I don't know which version of ffmpegx you are using, but there's no harm in trying this simple renaming trick. At worst, it won't work, but you'll know that right away.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I converted the mp4 into .bin and .cue files using the vcd ffmpeg converter.... then muxed that and it looks like it worked!!! Thank you so much for the help!!

I really appreciate it!
    Quote Quote