VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I don't get it. The only strange thing I remember was when I downloaded a video and accidentally set it to "Open With" Media Player Classic rather than "Save As". I quit the video and re-downloaded it and now all the sudden Media Player Classic won't play audio anymore.

Nothing is muted, audio still works in all my other programs and I have shut down my computer, restarted and uninstalled CCCP 3 times and reinstalled it and it still won't play any audio. What in the world can I do to fix this?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Do you get audio playing that video with other players? e.g. KMplayer, VLC?

What does mediainfo say about that video?

Can you get audio from MPC playing other videos?
    Quote Quote  
  3. No, Zoom Player and other players still have audio. The only thing affected is Media Player Classic. Everything else is fine. I'm really use to MPC and I'd greatly prefer to keep using it.

BTW, it is all videos that are affected, not just the one that I downloaded. No videos have sound in MPC.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Check your audio configuration in MPC (audio=>options)

When you install CCCP or other codec packs (not recommended btw), I think they use MPC-HC as default, not MPC, so you may have to play with the configuration..., did you do a custom install?
    Quote Quote  
  5. I went to Audio Options and it took me to an audio switcher thing. There isn't really anything here. Just a few small options and some graph thing. I'm using MPC-HC BTW. I don't really know what to do. My audio options should be the same in both Zoom and MPC, I don't know what to do here. I did recently install Realmedia codecs in addition to MPC, I never had any problems though. Should I take that out?
    Quote Quote  
  6. Ok, it seems to be working now. I don't know what happened. I tried to install Media Player Classic and CCCP separately and that finally worked. I guess all is well now...
    Quote Quote