VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have a not even 2 year old Pioneer DVR (recorder)
    About a month ago it stopped recognizing either of the RCA video inputs from the front or back jack, still had sound and the recorder still worked.
    I took it to Pioneer and they said I would need the motherboard replaced at a cost of almost as much as I paid for the unit (almost $400.00)
    Is there any way I can replace the motherboard myself, or fix the RCA input problem?
    This unit does not have USB (wich I had paid a little more and bought the next one up) and I use the RCA inputs for my video camera and still camera download.
    Also, I had my VCR hooked up to download all the VHS to convert.
    Please help with this as Pioneer isn't helping at all.

thanks
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    It may be possible to do yourself, but you would first need to be able to get the parts...from Pioneer. They typically don't sell parts over the counter...only to repair centers. Besides which, prices have dropped enough in the last two years that you could likely get a new model for about the same amount.
    Google is your Friend
    Quote Quote  
  3. It would probably take more than the average "soldering iron skill" to fix the type of problem you are describing (otherwise you wouldn't have to ask).* Just by chance, if you bought that Pio DVDR with a credit card, you might be able to take advantage of the extra year of warranty if your card has that feature.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Welcome to the throway society. There aren't many domestic applicances I can think of which now cost less to repair than to replace entirely.
    Quote Quote