VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    I've been using Videora iPhone 3G converter to convert avi files to mp4 to port into my iphone.

I've noticed that the converted files are darker than the originals.

Does anyone know a way to convert and adjust the video so it is not so dark?

Thanks,

Hal
    I'm afraid. I'm afraid, Dave. Dave, my mind is going. I can feel it..... Yup. Spppllttt. It's gone.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    How are you comparing the converted and original files to make this call ?

It may be happening, in which case try a different program to convert - I like Xvid4PSP.

However, if you are simply putting the two videos in a software player side by side, you may be seeing the difference in overlay and non-overlay display, and not a difference in the actual videos.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    MPEG Streamclip gives you the ability to adjust brightness and contrast (and more). The conversion to H264 often results in this darkening. When I see this happening, I bump brightness by about 10%-15% and saturation by about 20%-25%.

Give it a shot and let us know what happens.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hey Guns1inger,

Serious, the video looks extremely dark after conversion. I couldn't see what was going on at all. I'll try the converter you suggestion, plus the one that lets me adjust the light.

Thanks!

Hal
    I'm afraid. I'm afraid, Dave. Dave, my mind is going. I can feel it..... Yup. Spppllttt. It's gone.
    Quote Quote