VideoHelp Forum


Try DVD Fab Video Downloader and rip Netflix video! Or Try DVD Fab and copy Blu-rays! or rip iTunes movies!
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 10 of 10
Thread
  1. Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Romania
    Search Comp PM
    Hello

    I am looking for a recommendation on a video camera, i want to shoot at 1280x720 60p but i also want to do editing/effects/composition on the footage

    My budget is small, i can go up to 500$ for this

    What would be a good camera in this price range ? i'm thinking of tape or memory card ( read that tape is encoded at 25 mbps and i did not see a AVCHD camera to do more than 9 mbps at 720P, is this right ? )

    The emphasis would be on 1280x720 60p and editing/effects/composition on the footage

    Thnx in advanced!

    Cheers.

    LE : if this belongs in the Camcorders (DV/HDV/AVCHD) section please move.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Romania
    Search Comp PM
    The only one i have found is Samsung VP-HMX10C

    I will be using a tripod and good light only for the material.

    What do you think ?

    Cheers.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member Soopafresh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    United States
    Search Comp PM
    http://www.vimeo.com/870927

    http://www.vimeo.com/2615134

    "A few things to note if you are seriously considering the Samsung VP-HMX10C. The video quality can be the deal-breaker if you're a serious user. We encountered some noise and blurriness around the edges. "

    http://www.hardwarezone.com.au/firstlooks/view.php?cid=7&id=9522



    Are you sure you wouldn't prefer the HV20? Is 60p that important? Are you recording sports?

    http://www.onecall.com/ProductDetails.aspx?id=92302
    Quote Quote  
  4. BuskerAlley.com zoobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Colorado Rocky Mountains
    Search Comp PM
    pretty soon, a good tripod will cost more than the cam...
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Romania
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Soopafresh
    http://www.vimeo.com/870927

    http://www.vimeo.com/2615134

    "A few things to note if you are seriously considering the Samsung VP-HMX10C. The video quality can be the deal-breaker if you're a serious user. We encountered some noise and blurriness around the edges. "

    http://www.hardwarezone.com.au/firstlooks/view.php?cid=7&id=9522



    Are you sure you wouldn't prefer the HV20? Is 60p that important? Are you recording sports?

    http://www.onecall.com/ProductDetails.aspx?id=92302
    Hello

    I need 60P because i will add other footage in the video ( game footage recorded at 900 fps and sampled to 180 FPS ) and there is a HUGE gap between 30P and 60P there.

    So the final resolution must be something 60P

    As for the camera footage, that is the only decent camera i found that does 72060p ( i don't think aiptek and sanyo are better )

    As for the HV20, yeah i would like it but its ~1200$ in romania. the Samsung VP-HMX10C is about 450$ so i am very limited

    What do you think ? with good light and a tripod will the video suffer ?

    Can 108025p footage be converted to 72060P ? ( i read about it on some website )


    The only cameras i can buy here in romania ( i don't want sh ones ) are Samsung VP-HMX10C, Samsung VP-HMX20C and panasonic SD9 ( in my price range ) and a bit to much would be pana SD100 at 700$

    Cheers.

    Originally Posted by zoobie
    pretty soon, a good tripod will cost more than the cam...
    I'm just looking for the camera now, have not read anything about the tripods yet, i don't think i will be able to get a good tripod and i don't know if i need it for "home" videos.

    The main things i want : a camera, a tripod 60-100 $, a green room and a lighting for now.

    Cheers.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member 2Bdecided's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Search Comp PM
    I see on doom9 that you bought the Samsung.

    I think the point people were trying to make about the Canon cameras is that they're great cameras, the NTSC one (to get you 60i) is cheaper than the PAL one anyway, and 60i can easily be bobbed to 60p.

    The question is whether the 1440x1080p60 you get by bobbing the 1440x1080i60 from the Canon is better than the 1280x720p60 you get from the Samsung - and whether it's worth the extra effort and expense to you?

    Probably not - but in the absence of true 1080p60 cameras, don't discount the results you can get by bobbing 1080i60. You can get "OK" results easily and quickly enough, and you can get "virtually indistinguishable from native 60p" results if you run some very slow software on your PC. With the latter, I found the 1440x1080p60 from an HV20 was clearly better than the 1280x720p60 from cameras of comparable cost a couple of years ago. Things may have changed.

    Cheers,
    David.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Romania
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by 2Bdecided
    I see on doom9 that you bought the Samsung.

    I think the point people were trying to make about the Canon cameras is that they're great cameras, the NTSC one (to get you 60i) is cheaper than the PAL one anyway, and 60i can easily be bobbed to 60p.

    The question is whether the 1440x1080p60 you get by bobbing the 1440x1080i60 from the Canon is better than the 1280x720p60 you get from the Samsung - and whether it's worth the extra effort and expense to you?

    Probably not - but in the absence of true 1080p60 cameras, don't discount the results you can get by bobbing 1080i60. You can get "OK" results easily and quickly enough, and you can get "virtually indistinguishable from native 60p" results if you run some very slow software on your PC. With the latter, I found the 1440x1080p60 from an HV20 was clearly better than the 1280x720p60 from cameras of comparable cost a couple of years ago. Things may have changed.

    Cheers,
    David.
    Hello.

    No, i will get the camera in about 2-3 months ( now sorting the in-game material, 140 hours so far and 160 at least left )

    I see your point, everywhere i look hv20 is in the top 5, the problem with it, price tag where i live ( 3 times more )

    What about the compression ?

    i see the samsung has 12 mbps for 72060p and i will be rendering at 6 mbps final

    compared to a camera that records 1080i60 in 16 mbps ( here the final render would have to be 10-12 mbps )

    The only choise here would be a canon camera that does 24Mbps no ?

    "I found the 1440x1080p60 from an HV20 was clearly better than the 1280x720p60 from cameras of comparable cost a couple of years ago"

    Well ofc, resolution is not everything and new cameras will look better than old ones but the price tag kills me

    what about the Samsung VP-HMX20C or panasonic SD9 ( 1920 x 1080i 50i bob it to 50p and resize to 720P50 )

    If i will go with 720p60 i will choose Samsung VP-HMX10C

    the only options unfortunately.

    Cheers.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member 2Bdecided's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Search Comp PM
    I have no experience of either camera.

    Is there raw footage you can download on-line to examine?

    The Panasonic HDC-SD9EB-S HD is half the price of the Canon HV30 here (UK). The Samsung is in the middle. You can get the HV30 far cheaper by importing from the USA or Japan - the same is probably true of the others.


    You seem determined to buy locally - be aware that you're in a PAL country (50Hz), and you're requesting NTSC frame rates (60Hz). Not all cameras can be switched between the two!

    Cheers,
    David.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Romania
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by 2Bdecided
    I have no experience of either camera.

    Is there raw footage you can download on-line to examine?

    The Panasonic HDC-SD9EB-S HD is half the price of the Canon HV30 here (UK). The Samsung is in the middle. You can get the HV30 far cheaper by importing from the USA or Japan - the same is probably true of the others.


    You seem determined to buy locally - be aware that you're in a PAL country (50Hz), and you're requesting NTSC frame rates (60Hz). Not all cameras can be switched between the two!

    Cheers,
    David.
    The samsung is on the http://www.camcorderinfo.com/ at 8 place ( the version without the c, full hd 24p one ) and the panasonic is 30 compared to the top places ( hv30/hv20/hf10/hf100 )

    Samples, i downloaded a lot and i'm not happy with any, only prosilica ones were great but it costs 20 times what i got.

    Guess that i'll have to see if i'm lucky, thnx to everyone.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Originally Posted by juGGaKNot
    Hello

    I am looking for a recommendation on a video camera, i want to shoot at 1280x720 60p but i also want to do editing/effects/composition on the footage

    My budget is small, i can go up to 500$ for this

    What would be a good camera in this price range ? i'm thinking of tape or memory card ( read that tape is encoded at 25 mbps and i did not see a AVCHD camera to do more than 9 mbps at 720P, is this right ? )

    The emphasis would be on 1280x720 60p and editing/effects/composition on the footage

    Thnx in advanced!

    Cheers.

    LE : if this belongs in the Camcorders (DV/HDV/AVCHD) section please move.
    If you're not sure which is the right one, try checking the camcorder ratings of the different brands. Knowing the pros and cons about certain items is a good way of getting the best value for the budget. Hope this helps.

    Good luck.
    Quote Quote  



Similar Threads