VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or Try ConvertXtoDVD and convert all your movies to DVD. Free trial ! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I want to take a rip of a BD disc and put it straight into an MKV container. This is fine and video and audio (DD) works but I can not figure out how to add chapters.

I am using TSMuxer to demux and then MKVMerge to remux.

Any suggestions on the easiest way to add chapters (for normal DVDs DVD-Decrypter is very nice and creates me a chapters.txt file)
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Moving you to the blu-ray to mkv forum.

Try MakeMKV.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    eac3to with the -demux flag will generate a Chapters.txt file (among a lot of other stream). Don't know if there is a method to get only the chapters, but if you are willing to wait while it rips everything else, it might be worth the wait.

As far as merging them with your audio and video files, I'm lost there.. maybe mkvmerge has an option.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    "eac3to movie.m2ts 1: chapters.txt" would demux only the chapters that could be used later when muxing the final video.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Figured out that I can just extract the video stream straight to MKV and demux audio and chapters all in one go sraight from the disc with eac3to. Can then ux back into MKV with MKV Merge. This route saves a huge amount of time from previous route of copying disc to HDD then using TSMuxer and finally MKVMerge.

http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Eac3to/How_to_Use#Using_complete_disc_structure_as_input

MKV with chapters and quick
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    double post
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have now figured out how touse eac3to get video stream to MKV and demux audio and chapters using something like

Code:
    eac3to "F:\" 1) 1: chapters.txt 2: video.mkv 3: audio.ac3
    This works fine and then I can mux video from MKV and audio and chapters into a new MKV using MKVMerge

Question is, can I do this in one step? This route means I end up with a big MKV video file and have to mux this all into a further big MKV file taking up twice the space.

Is it possilbe to get eac3to to demux audio and chapters streams first and then have it mux them into MKV as it is doing video stream?
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I would also be interested in knowing if this is possible - a one-step mux would be ideal.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    "eac3to BD_FOLDER Movie.mkv" will put every stream available in the original m2ts file(s), all the video, audio, subtitle streams into one large mkv in one step. If you want only select streams and not all of them, as far as I know you can't do it in one step, but in 2 steps like you described above.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    i have some mkvs without chapters.
    can i extract them from my original discs and mux them to the existing mkv file with MKVMerge?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    It should work.
    Quote Quote