VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi. I'm trying to burn the files that i have converted to DVD using FAVC with a simple DVD menu. All i want is a program that allows you to input the DVD .vob files created by FAVC, insert a custom background, with or without music, and some simple texts that can be selected so i can navigate to the episode that i want to watch. But most importantly, this program will not re-encode the files that i input since re-encoding will result in quality loss. Can anyone help me please? Or if there's no such programs exist, then what's a good authoring program to use? Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    It's because i used FAVC to convert 10 episodes to DVD, so the menu function's auto disabled
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    loster, do you know of other authoring programs that doesn't make the input show as thumbnails? I only want the 10 episodes that i used FAVC to convert to show as text only with a custom background. That's all i want.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Other programs that do text buttons and custom backrounds
    off the top of my head
    Dvd Lab
    MPEG Video Wizard DVD
    TMPGEnc Authoring Works
    and maybe VideoReDo Tv Suite
    And Adobe Encore DVD
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    GUIForDVDAuthor will do text only menus if that is what you want. You don't have to use the built in templates.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Oh, i forgot to include one important thing, that is out of these authoring programs which do text buttons with a custom background, which one of them also supports burning the final product to DVD without re-encoding?

I'm not sure if i explained clear enough. But basically, i want to insert these 10 converted files into an authoring program and burn from that program without having to re-encode again. That's what i want to do. Please help me, thanks.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    As you have encoded to DVD compliance using FAVC, no good authoring tool should re-encode. GUIForDVDAuthor does not have the facility to re-encode regardless, so it is a safe bet.

Burn the results with Imgburn to good media for best results.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  8. If you have installed Imgburn, you can enter the path to Imgburn in the GfD (GUIForDVDAuthor) settings, then you can burn (with Imgburn) directly from GfD. Concerning the text buttons with a custom background, that's pretty easy. Text buttons are the default in GfD and you may import any bmp, jpg, gif or png image as a custom background. After starting GfD, select 'Format' - 'Menu (Actual)' and click on the file open icon in the first line of the menu background dialog.
    Quote Quote