VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I called the company, it is coming out in March, retail under $100.
    http://www.iviewus.com/product_detail.php?id=119&pid=107&parentId=1
    Quote Quote  
  2. Anyone find review for this product?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    I think about 99% of us here aren't even the least bit interested in Real Media support. After it comes out we may have a few who'll buy it and maybe someone then will review it. Windows Media support, which this player does not have, would have been a lot more practical than RM support.
    The reality is that you are probably one of the very few people for whom RM support is a big deal.
    Quote Quote  
  4. jman98, you are probably right. RMVB is never popular in the US or Europe but I think they are very popular in Asia. I need this unit because there are some anime and Asian drama are in RMVB format.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by sushix
    jman98, you are probably right. RMVB is never popular in the US or Europe but I think they are very popular in Asia. I need this unit because there are some anime and Asian drama are in RMVB format.
    Hey if you get this player do a review for the site please.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    There are quite a few Asian PMP's that also support RMVB. Real Media is a popular format for anime. My bother-in-law in an anime freak and has just under 2 TBs of anime in an MKV container with Real Video and Ogg audio.

I personally find Real codecs to be much better than WMV, and have actually always like Real. Perhaps because I've been using it for over a decade now But for streaming content, flash is the most prolific choice today.

Adding RMVB support to a player most likely won't gain an increase in sales. Perhaps Real has something up their sleeves. If I remember correctly they attempted to release DVD copying software. Now if only Nero could gain support for their format in a stand alone player. Nero has a better consumer image than Real. Adding the Nero logo to a STB should increase sales beyond that of a Real Video logo. Plus, if it plays Nero Digital, it will play generic mpeg4-avc content as well. If it plays RMVB, well it plays RMVB
    Linux _is_ user-friendly. It is not ignorant-friendly and idiot-friendly.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jman98
    I think about 99% of us here aren't even the least bit interested in Real Media support. After it comes out we may have a few who'll buy it and maybe someone then will review it. Windows Media support, which this player does not have, would have been a lot more practical than RM support.
    The reality is that you are probably one of the very few people for whom RM support is a big deal.
    Probably closer to 99.999999%

I think that the big problem is that it never got a foothold in web streaming, though an attempt was made in the late 90's. I remember it being very popular with the warez crowd for television episodes. Divx and its ilk turned it into the Mac of the encoder world.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Yes, i agree RMVB is not a deal breaker, but it's nice if there is a playe can player it

and the answer is yes, there EP6000P, it plays VOB, MKV, m2ts, Ripped blue ray, AVI, DIVX, XVID files... directly via interenal hdd or usb drive (DVD-rom included) and it streams RMBV and the above files.

I heard a rumor that newegg will have it soon
    Quote Quote  
  9. It is $79 pre order. I ordered one . It has a USB port. I hope it is compatible with my 1TB external hard drive.
    http://www.cine-east.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=1556
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hows it working out? And what have you made it play so far? My bother-in-law has a birthday coming up, may have to get it for him if the RVMB support is decent.
    Linux _is_ user-friendly. It is not ignorant-friendly and idiot-friendly.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Mostly rmvb files burning from DVD+R disks. The player works real well.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Found a video on youtube
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=raGKKBSf_jA[/url]
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    What's up w/ all the hatin? I for one am very interested in kind of system. I have a ton of Asian RMVB files from TV shows and this player will save me countless hours converting shows to divx for family members. I ordered one from eBay today for $75. hope it works.
    Quote Quote