VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi

Can someone guide me to removing logos from MKV files? This is a logo that shows the name of the MKV file at the bottom middle of the video screen. Sometimes it appears in the beginning and sometimes during the middle of the video.

I am new to MKV files, can someone guide please....

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    darn those anime uploaders for putting that kind of stuff in the video....

Guide for logoaway using virtualdub

Guide for logoaway using avisynth

Don't expect miracles. Most people will tell you it is just better to live with them.
    Donadagohvi (Cherokee for "Until we meet again")
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by freebird73717
    Don't expect miracles. Most people will tell you it is just better to live with them.
    Yes this is true. I've tried it a long time ago and the results weren't great. They leave a watery afterimage. If they are rotating logos the blur left behind is much worse than the logo.

If its a very faint logo your best bet is to just leave it there.

Feel free to experiment of course though. Your tolerance levels may be different than ours.
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Thanks for replying

I looked at other files, it is the name of the "guy" who put together the video (not Anime, not Movie, Not TV or Hollywood Stuff). His "name" appears in White letters.

I have only 6 files that are about 5 minutes long each and I wanted to join them without these annoying "logos."

I don't know how you convert files to mkv, but if there is a way to include your name......then perhaps some editor can remove it.

May be is put under subtitles.... It is not a loge like networks logos etc and appears only for 7-10 seconds only.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  5. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    If it's burned into the video, no real way to remove it, just blur it out. And that requires re-encoding, which will lower the quality or enlarge the filesize.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Let's hope old threads can be revived.

I would like to "remove" a white logo on an mkv file. It's positioned close to the upper right corner.

My idea is to use MEGUI and load an Avisynth script.

I've also found this other thread here on this matter.

Hopefully this will teach me how to deal with Avisynth in HD, so I can then try other things.

Unfortunately I'm a bit rusty on Avisynth nowadays, but I do remember you have to load the file on the script first. How do you load an MKV file? Just write down the place it is?
    Quote Quote