VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    When I try to use the burning rom in Nero6, I open the program, add the files, start the burn (I select 'no multisession' and '4x' burn), the window pops up and it says that the burn has started. But the 'Completed' bar at the bottom never gets beyond 1%. The timer continues to count down and after the timer finishes after about 10 minutes, I get the error "Burn process failed at 4x (5,540 KB/Sec)" and the tray pops open presenting me with a new coaster to add to my collection. The program then freezes on me and I can't shut it down and all other programs run extra slow so I have to restart my PC.

I have had Nero 6 for years but never been able to use the Nero Burning Rom successfully, BUT I have never had a problem in creating bootable DVDs using Nero Vision Express. The burning process works fine with that.

I have Nero 6 with the latest update.
    My DVD drive is an LG GSA-4163B with the latest firmware.
    I use Verbatim DVD-R discs.

Does anyone know what the problem is?

Thanks

Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Likely Problem: Nero. It was once great, but started sucking with version 6. Use the superior and free burning software, ImgBurn. Download it from the Tools section of this site.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Post the error log. Most likely issue is the media.
    Google is your Friend
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Your burner dates from about 4 years ago. Is it possible it has seen a lot of use and is starting to fail?

I have the exact same burner, although its firmware has not been updated in a long time, and use Verbatim DVD-R 16x media. As a rule of thumb, I've heard it is better to burn at a speed no lower than half the rated speed of your DVD media.

I don't use Nero Express 6 anymore, but I used to, and burned at 8x using 16x media. Using ImgBurn, I burn at 12x or 16x. I haven't had a problem so far.
    Quote Quote