VideoHelp Forum

Try DVDFab and download streaming video, copy, convert or make Blu-rays,DVDs! Download free trial !
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    using a regular video with chapters (and a chapter menu), is there a way in the Pgc Editor window to set the chapters to only play when selected? So selecting chapter 2 on the menu would only play chapter 2, and then return to the chapter menu? I'm pretty sure I've seen dvds that had that setup. The video in this case are trailers on one VOB.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Yes, that's possible with cell commands. Here is a similar thread:
    https://forum.videohelp.com/topic350855.html
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Yes, cell commands can be used for going back to menu, but to keep the ability to play all material (if suggested in menu), this editing should be done in a separate PGC (copy of main PGC using same blocks - without changing file size). Although it is possible to use a single PGC and registers for organizing necessary behaviour, the presence of cell commands would cause pauses at playing all (seamless cell attributes can't be used there).
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    https://forum.videohelp.com/topic327036.html

Scroll down to see George W's step by step instructions on this.

Keep in mind that this allows for a Play All option, like Alex mentioned.
    44E
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You gotta be careful doing this, otherwise, the only way to play the movie will be chapter by chapter. Do establish a 2nd title for this (use the Clone PGC feature) and point your chapters to this title. Insert this type of cell command for every chapter (the resume will increment with each chapter):

[30 08 00 00 01 83 00 00] 1 (CallSS) Call the VTSM Root menu of the current VTS, resume cell 1 <<---- make this the corresponding cell for chapter 2 etc
    Regards
    Les
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks, everyone. I tried the method outlined by George W - I'd done the same thing but didn't know what/where Cell command to use to end the playback. George also mentions to clone the PGC and link the PLAY button to it to avoid any playback pauses. Excellent.
    I noticed this one-chapter playback only works during normal playing. If I fastforward or chapter forward, playback continues into the next chapter. Is there a way to make playback end in these circumstances (besides cutting the video into separate clips)?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Set PUOs to stop fast forwarding or next/prev chapter (64, 128, 512, 256). While you're at it, you may as well set time play or search (32). Just enter 992 in the PUO field in the PGC Editor. OK and save.

You do realise that you are butchering the playback of the title, don't you?

Regards
    Les
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Les,
    thanks for the advice but it doesn't actually address my goal: I would like to FF/chapterFF within each chapter in this Vob, and not get into the next chapter when doing so. The PUO instructions prevent those playback options rather than prevent getting into other cells when FF/chapterFF. Maybe it can't be done without cutting the vob into clips?
    I'm not sure what you mean by playback "butchering" - these are trailers all in one vob. The reason I need them in one vob (rather than individual clips) is for authoring ware limitations.
    Quote Quote