VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Trying to convert a AVI movie to MPEG so I can evetually make a DVD. I have done this many times using "Gary's fool proof guide". Which has you use VDUB to save a WAV file from the AVI and then use TMPGEnc Plus to convert the AVI and WAV file to a single MPEG file.

When I do this with this particular movie - it creates a MV2 file instead. Which I cannot use with with TMPGEnc DVD author to create a DVD.

Why is it creating a MV2 file and how can I get it to create a MPEG ?

TIA
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    A m2v/mv2 is a mpeg2 video only file and should work fine to import in tmpgenc dvd author. TMpgenc Plus should also make a separate wav file that you also need to add in tda.

If you want ONE mpg file from tmpgenc plus you must choose mpeg layer 2 audio instead of wav/pcm audio(in the first step in the wizard mode).
    Quote Quote  
  3. In the Stream Type section of the TMPGEnc Plus Settings dialog select "System (Video)" or "System (Video+Audio)". Those will give you an MPG container rather than an elementary stream.
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    And you can only select the above stream types if you use mpeg layer 2 audio so choose that first...
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Perfect! Thanks much !
    Quote Quote