VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2
Thread
  1. Simple code for flac to aac (m4a) at 320kb/s bit rate

ffmpeg -i file.flac -c aac -ab 320k -strict experimental "file.m4a"
    And I was enable to add the converted file to iTunes in order to listen it in my iPhone 5S

Click image for larger version

Name:	flacTom4a.jpg
Views:	257
Size:	229.0 KB
ID:	29292
    Quote Quote  
  2. Progress! That's a good thing.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post
    You can use ffmpeg,

In this example , "1.aac" is copied and muxed into a .m4a container, "2.m4a" - all it does is re-wrap the .aac audio in the apple container

ffmpeg -i 1.aac -vn -acodec copy 2.m4a

I'm curious why you need it? All players that can play .m4a should be able to play .aac
    Hi !
    I was also looking for this conversion : I wasn't able to seek my extracted sound aac tracks in foobar.
    I just add a parameter, and this is working great for me :
    ffmpeg -i foo.aac -vn -bsf:a aac_adtstoasc -acodec copy foo.m4a
    THANKS a lot
    Quote Quote  
  4. Create a new text file, and paste the following code into it:

Code:
    for /r %1 %%z in (*.aac) do (ffmpeg -i "%%z" -acodec copy -bsf:a aac_adtstoasc -vn "%%~dpnz.m4a")
    Save the text file with the extension .bat, and put it in an empty folder with ffmpeg.exe. Then, copy any aac files that you with to mux into m4a files into the folder, and double-click on the .bat file.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post
    You can use ffmpeg,

In this example , "1.aac" is copied and muxed into a .m4a container, "2.m4a" - all it does is re-wrap the .aac audio in the apple container

I'm curious why you need it? All players that can play .m4a should be able to play .aac
    Apparently, when you have .aac files with ADTS header, you'll find out that you can't add ID3 Tags to this type. You'll realize, you're gonna have to wrap it with an m4a container in order for you to add your personalized ID3 Tags without re-encoding, of course.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by lysersalvador View Post
    Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post
    You can use ffmpeg,

Apparently, when you have .aac files with ADTS header, you'll find out that you can't add ID3 Tags to this type. You'll realize, you're gonna have to wrap it with an m4a container in order for you to add your personalized ID3 Tags without re-encoding, of course.
    Mp3tag will save APE tags to AAC these days, and Foobar2000 will save ID3 tags to AAC.
    Foobar2000 will read Mp3tag's APE tags, but Mp3tag won't read Foobar2000's ID3 tags.
    It's somewhat pointless though because most players won't seek or display the duration for raw AAC. It's better to put it in an MP4/M4A container (or MKV/MKA).

To nitpick, I don't think MP4 supports ID3 tags. Most (all?) software writes MP4 tags. At least that's how they're labelled. I don't understand much about MP4 tagging.
    Quote Quote