VideoHelp Forum
Closed Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi,

I live in New Caledonia an island in the pacific ocean (north west to Brisbane)
    I want to install a 3m parabolic antenna to receive Asiasat3C which covers my area to receive indian channels like star vijay/ZEE etc.
    My problem is most of the Indian channels are Crypted (DVB videoguard/DVB Conax)
    I tried to get a decoder box and subscription from the broadcasters around (Australia/Singapore/Fiji Islands) but they refuse to sell telling that they do have have rights to broadcast in NC.
    Here no broadcaster telecast these channels for me.
    i am sure if I contact ZEE or Star One they would not even mind to reply me.
    Now my question is can I view these channels by purchasing an Inegrated receiver decoder (DVB...) and watch this channels or I would need anyway a subscription ?
    One of my friend tell that I do not need subscription as the channels will not be scrambled as we have no broadcasters here.
    But I need to be sure before installing and noone is (even the antenna installer) can reply me properly
    As this installation is quite a big budget (4000 USD) I would like to be sure that I get all the channels I want.

Please any professionals or people who are aware of how to do help me

Desperate Housewife

2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I don't know if this will apply to you: http://forums.dsstester.com/vbb/archive/index.php/ (this is for USA)

The FTA section may be of some help to you. Depends on the satellites they are using. Look for a similar site with info on the particular satellites your are trying to receive. It may be free and not illegal to receive their signals in your area.

Good luck.

3. ask there it's better than this forum for this kind of stuff
    *** DIGITIZING VHS / ANALOG VIDEOS SINCE 2001**** GEAR: JVC HR-S7700MS, TOSHIBA V733EF AND MORE

4. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Solona, Do not post the same topic on several forums.
    Please do not cross post, once is enough. If you wish a topic moved, PM a Mod.

Continue in: https://forum.videohelp.com/post1934960.html?highlight=#1934960

Moderator redwudz