VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2
Thread
  1. Originally Posted by filmboss80
    It is watchable on your computer, but not on your TV. Your best solution is to buy an NTSC DVD of the movie you want to watch. If you do that, then your problem will be solved, and you won't go around in endless circles in this forum.
    SORRY, but you did not get the idea. I have the picture,I see the movie, but there are some kind of lines, that make the movie not comfortable to be watched. As I said before, this will happen if I will make DVD from the same mpeg file
    Quote Quote  
  2. And you have yet to post a link to a sample of the video, or even any stills that show the problem.
    As I said before, this will happen if I will make DVD from the same mpeg file
    And you also said it plays fine on the computer.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by 1234567
    SORRY, but you did not get the idea. I have the picture,I see the movie, but there are some kind of lines, that make the movie not comfortable to be watched. As I said before, this will happen if I will make DVD from the same mpeg file
    No, you don't get it. As hech54 said earlier:
    https://forum.videohelp.com/topic363492.html#1934560
    The symptoms of NTSC TVs displaying analog PAL video signals incorrectly varies. It ranges from no problems at all, to a normal looking video except it's black and white, to minor video errors like part of the picture missing, to colors being shifted from the luma image, to parts of the image reflected, to parts of the image looking like a double exposure, to a rolling picture, to no picture at all, to the TV displaying an error message, to... well you should get the idea by now. So saying "I have the picture,I see the movie, but there are some kind of lines" falls within the possible range of PAL/NTSC problems.

You have to set your DVD player to convert PAL to NTSC to display it properly on an NTSC TV.

If that's not the problem you'll have to do as manono suggests: provide sample images, samples of the files, etc. before anyone can say what's wrong.

And problems with MP2 audio can show up in the video. It usually takes the form of the picture getting really jerky because the player screws up the timing between reading audio and video chunks. But like I said, that doesn't seem to be your problem.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by jagabo
    Originally Posted by 1234567
    No, you don't get it. As hech54 said earlier:
    https://forum.videohelp.com/topic363492.html#1934560
    The symptoms of NTSC TVs displaying analog PAL video signals incorrectly varies. It ranges from no problems at all, to a normal looking video except it's black and white, to minor video errors like part of the picture missing, to colors being shifted from the luma image, to parts of the image reflected, to parts of the image looking like a double exposure, to a rolling picture, to no picture at all, to the TV displaying an error message, to... well you should get the idea by now. So saying "I have the picture,I see the movie, but there are some kind of lines" falls within the possible range of PAL/NTSC problems.
    NO. Is the not the first time using DVD Santa to make DVD from mpeg or AVI files, and playing them to the same DVD player. Nothing wrong happened before. Now, only with 4-5 movies on mpeg format, thinks are different. So, there is no reason to play the DVD player machine. In additional, a made Cd based on this mpeg files, and you know what happened?! 2 mpeg moves, are having a black stripe on the bottom part of the screen( about 15% of wideness), and one of the mpeg movies, is not written at all. The machine tells that can't support this video file. So, this is a reason why I thing that I have to blame the mpeg movie file. So this mpeg file, has errors, and maybe certain software can fix that.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Step up and unzip, or get out of the urinal.

Either post a sample of the problem, or stop bitching about the help people are trying to give you.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by 1234567
    Is the not the first time using DVD Santa to make DVD from mpeg or AVI files, and playing them to the same DVD player. Nothing wrong happened before.
    But did you make PAL DVDs before? If all your earlier DVDs were NTSC you wouldn't have any PAL/NTSC problems. You still haven't clearly stated that you have verified your DVD player and TV are set up to properly display PAL DVDs. Just because your DVD player is "worldwide" doesn't mean it's set up properly.

If you want a quick test, here's a tiny PAL DVD ISO you can burn to a DVD. See if your TV displays it correctly.

pal.zip

It should look like this:

If that is displayed correctly on your TV you have to start looking at what's wrong with your conversion of AVI to DVD. Nobody can tell you what's wrong with that until you post some short samples.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by jagabo
    Is the not the first time using DVD Santa to make DVD from mpeg or AVI files, and playing them to the same DVD player. Nothing wrong happened before.
    But did you make PAL DVDs before? If all your earlier DVDs were NTSC you wouldn't have any PAL/NTSC problems. You still haven't clearly stated that your DVD player and TV are set up to properly display PAL DVDs. Just because your DVD player is "worldwide" doesn't mean it's set up properly.
    Thanks for you help my friend.
    All od the DVDs that I made with DVd creators(like DVd SANTA etc), based on mpeg or AVi files, are working fine and all I made them in to NTSC format. I did not have any problem before playing them. I checked the settings of my DVD player, and my DVD player is set by manifacture on NTSC format( are available and multiformat and PAL MODE on the same menu of settings).
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by 1234567
    All od the DVDs that I made with DVd creators(like DVd SANTA etc), based on mpeg or AVi files, are working fine and all I made them in to NTSC format. I did not have any problem before playing them.
    None of that matters now that you are making PAL DVDs.

I checked the settings of my DVD player, and my DVD player is set by manifacture on NTSC format( are available and multiformat and PAL MODE on the same menu of settings).
    Finally, after two pages of posts you've confirmed this! Did you try my little ISO image? Did it look ok?

Now, assuming the player and TV are setup to display PAL discs properly, in order to tell what's wrong with your AVI to DVD process you'll have to post a short sample MPG or VOB file.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    jagabo wrote:
    Just because your DVD player is "worldwide" doesn't mean it's set up properly.
    jagabo is right --- please pay attention to what he said.
    Proper PAL2NTSC conversion depends on the player's firmware,
    not on the marketeer who wrote the user's manual.
    Being more explicit, your standalone should resize the ???x576 video to
    ???x480, plus apply pulldown flags "on the fly". However [s:f85c19ce3a]most[/s:f85c19ce3a] [s:f85c19ce3a]many[/s:f85c19ce3a] some "worldwide" players
    do not resize the video, but simply "erase" 96 lines of vertical resolution --- and even then,
    you have no guarantees that the job will be always done correctly.

HTH.

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
    Quote Quote  
  10. All the Philips DVD players I've had in the last several years, including the DVP 642, 5960, and 5990, resize and perform pulldown (frame repeat in the 642's case I think) when set to convert PAL to NTSC.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Originally Posted by jagabo
    All the Philips DVD players I've had in the last several years, including the DVP 642, 5960, and 5990, resize and perform pulldown (frame repeat in the 642's case I think) when set to convert PAL to NTSC.
    Thanks again four your help.
    I do not understand somethink. My DVD player is based on NTSC format. My DVDs made by myself on PC, base on mpeg files, are NTSC. So, what is the point of issues PAL - NTSC?!
    Quote Quote  
  12. Originally Posted by 1234567
    I do not understand somethink. My DVD player is based on NTSC format. My DVDs made by myself on PC, base on mpeg files, are NTSC. So, what is the point of issues PAL - NTSC?!
    In this message, https://forum.videohelp.com/topic363492.html#1935963 , you posted the stats of your DVD MPG file. 720x576, 25 fps is a PAL video.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    1. Your computer is NOT NTSC.
    2. Your computer is NOT PAL.
    3. Computers do not care about PAL or NTSC.
    4. Your TV needs an NTSC file/signal/DVD.

Just because you and your computer are in America....does NOT
    mean everything that comes out of it is NTSC.

You input a PAL file into your computer....you get
    a PAL file back out of it.
    You input an NTSC file into your computer....you get
    an NTSC file back out of it.

You are inputing a PAL file into your computer.....that is PROVEN....BY YOU
    when you posted the statistics of the problem file.
    pic 720 x 576
    frm/s 25.000
    What does your computer output that file as?
    PAL....a signal your Television CANNOT play.....PERIOD.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search Comp PM
    This thread has gone FAR beyond what should have been necessary. The question was answered long ago, and that answer has been backed up by GSpot data (proving the source mpeg2 is PAL), and follow-up posts by others in the know. To get your head around the PAL / NTSC issue, check out these sites:

http://www.yesallasian.com/syssite/wap/ntscpal.htm

http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-the-difference-between-ntsc-and-pal.htm

The other DVDs you created successfully must have been from NTSC sources, unlike this one video you are having problems with.

It is getting very tiring trying to get you to understand.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Originally Posted by filmboss80
    The other DVDs you created successfully must have been from NTSC sources, unlike this one video you are having problems with.
    This is not true. There are a lot of DVD, made before, from mpeg PAL sources
    Quote Quote  
  16. Originally Posted by jagabo
    In this message, https://forum.videohelp.com/topic363492.html#1935963 , you posted the stats of your DVD MPG file. 720x576, 25 fps is a PAL video.
    No, the references from GSPOT, are regarding mpeg file, not DVD files
    Quote Quote  
  17. Originally Posted by 1234567
    Originally Posted by jagabo
    Your thread is entitled "Strange problem between AVI(mpeg) file and DVD based on AVI(mpeg) file". If you post information about an MPG file everybody will assume it's the MPG file you made for DVD, not your source. You are not providing any information that will allow anybody to help you. I give up.
    Quote Quote  
  18. Originally Posted by jagabo
    Originally Posted by jagabo
    Your thread is entitled "Strange problem between AVI(mpeg) file and DVD based on AVI(mpeg) file". If you post information about an MPG file everybody will assume it's the MPG file you made for DVD, not your source. You are not providing any information that will allow anybody to help you. I give up.
    Problem is resolved. Thinks comes wrong because of DVD creator software. One o f my freind told me to try different DVD creators. Hopefully DVD santa repair all of problems. Seems to be a problem of quality of DVD files, made by DVd creator( that's my friend told)
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    DVD Santa is a PoS and won't solve any of your problems. Your problems are unresolved because you choose to avoid answering questions correctly or provide accurate or useful information. Then, to make matters worse, you open a new thread by dragging up a 3 years dead post to ask about DVD Santa, and what is now a downloaded DVD structure.

People will simply stop trying to help you if you aren't willing to help yourself.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  20. Originally Posted by guns1inger
    DVD Santa is a PoS and won't solve any of your problems. Your problems ....
    That's the problem...you did not understand what I said. Be more patient and try to understand the problems, and do not confuse the thinks.

p.s. by the way DVD Santa SOLVED the problem. Please do not make "the competent".
    Quote Quote