VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or Try ConvertXtoDVD and convert all your movies to DVD. Free trial ! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Latest "Best TVs" Consumer Reports arrived today.

Big news, Samsung was #1 in large Plasma and LCD this year beating Pioneer and Panasonic for plasma and Sony for LCD.

For Plasma

58" Samsung #1,Pioneer #2, Panasonic #3, Samsung #4
    50" Samsung #1, Pioneer #2, Samsung #3,4, Panasonic #5
    46" Panasonic #1,2 (no others at that size)
    42" Panasonic #1, LG #2, Hitachi #3, Samsung #4

For LCD

52" Samsung #1,2,3. Sony #4,LG #5, Toshiba #6
    46/47" Samsung #1,2. Sony #3,4 Vizio #5 (VO47LF)
    40/42" Samsung #1,3. Sony #2, Hitachi #4, Sharp #5
    37" Panasonic #1,3. Hitachi #2, Sony #4
    32" Samsung #1, Panasonic #2, Sony #3,Toshiba #4
    26" Panasonic#1, Insigna #2, Viewsonic #3, Sony #4

They also have guides for budget buyer, movie fan, sports fan, gamers and techie (networking).

Worth a trip to the library.
    Recommends: Kiva.org - Loans that change lives.
    http://www.kiva.org/about
    Quote Quote  
  2. I will let you know how the 55" Vizio does. Costco has them onsale 1799-$250 Instant Rebate until 2/1/2009. I bought 1 but I have to pick it up in the morning. I still have a rain check on the 120hz 47" Vizio that was $999. I managed to get an open box, but I was drooling over the 55" and told myself if they came out with a $250 off coupon in 90days I would be swapping. Well 2 weeks later. BTW, the 47" was nice but I have to turn off the smooth motion. I did manage to get AC3 and DTS pass through working when it was hooked up to my media center. It was pretty cool watching HD_DVD and Blue Ray movies at 1080P from the PC with the multi drive from LG.
    Quote Quote