VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have the rca dvr model drc8030n. The burner will not copy correctly. Sometimes, even though the display says it is copying when it finishes there is nothing on the dvd, and sometimes it will finish and I make it compatible but when I try to play it it will start to play but then stop for a few seconds then start again then stop then start. I think I may have a defective burner but am not sure. Does anyone know where I can get parts for this machine? Also I would like to thank GOGUERRA for good info which I have been looking for. Thanks to all, Ziggy
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Ziggy- I found that this recorder supports almost any PC compatible IDE ATA recorder, the cabling being exactly the same. If you can avail yourself of another burner, preferably not a current one (cheaper and slower) that will support the -R -RW +R +RW format it should work. It may not fit the mounts but should record. If not, then your unit might be defective. Also, you can check the cable seating. This could be your problem.
    Mason
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks Masondixon for your input. I did reseat the data bable in the recorder and I do believe it helped some, however it does not work as good as it used to. I expect I will have to get a new burner. I'm in no hurry because we mainly use it to record my wife's shows to the hard drive. We do, however use it to transfer our VHS tapes to dvd, so I will eventually get a new burner. I just need to find the one that fits best in the case if I can get one that will fit. Thanks again, Ziggy
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Use Verbatim DVD+R only in this machine.
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    LS thanx for the pointer. FYI, I've used Staples +Rs -Rs RWs with complete success. Add to those, various Memorex and Sonys, both signs. I have yet to make a coaster. Sooo... I'll keep you posted as to what else works. And the results play in my computer as well as several friend's players. For some reason this guy is really tolerant of the raw materials.
    Mason
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    When I first bought the machine it would burn to any media I tried, but after not using the burner for several months it got to be very picky. Sometimes one brand would work then it wouldn't, so I would try another until I found one that would work. Then the next time that one would not work. That is why I think the burner itself is just about on it's last legs.
    Quote Quote  
  7. ziggy919 --and ---or masondixon

I purchased a RCA 5030 from Walmart about a year ago but returned it unopened. only because I didn’t feel I needed it. and was no bargan. [I wish I had looked at it as I felt it might be a clone of a liteon]
    It was basically an allwrite and used +/-R and +/- RW disks for burn or play.
    Can you tell me if the DVD drive is a liteon and the model

PS
    Thi Info by GOGUERRA was filed for reference
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Do you mean a DRC8030n? If not, you are in the wrong forum, and I wouldn't know anyway. If so, the burner in it is an obscure Korean make. It's a model BDR-L08, and very hard to find working.
    I hope this helps.
    Mason
    Quote Quote  
  9. I did mean the DRC8030n -- Why I hit the 5 & not 8, there not evan close.

I don't haveone. That drive doesn't seem right but I was just curious
    Quote Quote