VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I created a mpg slideshow to burn to a DVD using TMPGencXP. I did not like the final soundtrack, and would like to replace it with an mp3 track that I have. However, I belatedly found that mp3 format does not work in TMPGenc DVD Author. What format should I best use, and what program will do the conversion of my mp3 track? (I read some old postings here, and found that the BeSweet program produces AAC files that are not fully compliant with some DVD players, so that seems to be out.)

Thanks for any help,

Rhett
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    convert to ac3. use belight or aften.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    BeSweet with BeLight GUI is fine. I used that converter on few DVD and they all play fine.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by rdfarr
    I created a mpg slideshow to burn to a DVD using TMPGencXP. I did not like the final soundtrack, and would like to replace it with an mp3 track that I have. However, I belatedly found that mp3 format does not work in TMPGenc DVD Author. What format should I best use, and what program will do the conversion of my mp3 track? (I read some old postings here, and found that the BeSweet program produces AAC files that are not fully compliant with some DVD players, so that seems to be out.)
    I think you mean AC3, not AAC. Yes, reportedly some Pioneer DVD players don't play nice with BeSweet's AC3 output, but I've not tested this myself. I've not encountered problems with BeSweet's output.

Another option, if you feel the need to avoid BeSweet for some reason, is to encode into MP2. Although not strictly spec-compliant in the US, I have never found a modern DVD player that won't play MP2 without a complaint. Authoring tools will accept DVD video with MP2 audio. So that's another possibility for you.
    Quote Quote  
  5. OK. I used BeSweet with BeLight and had a successful coding to DVD volumes.
    Not related to the audio, I'm not too pleased with the video results of my slideshow from TMPEgencXP. Next time I'll look for a different video encoder. I had started off with Nero but it could not handle the 1400 pictures.
    Thanks for the help.
    Rhett
    Quote Quote