VideoHelp Forum
Closed Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Even if this is part of another topic I opened, how to best use SUPER might help others too.

Yesterday I downloaded SUPER, looking for a program to convert an MKV file onto mpeg2.

My first try with it was good in some aspects and not so good in others, and I think the problem is in setting up the data you will need. In my case I got a very good quality image, in resolution and contrast, but a poor quality in movement, with continuous jumps.

One of the main questions is choosing the encoder you will use, as that might be related to fluidity in the conversion.

The next question is the output file, which should be mpeg2 and was rejected by DVDLab Pro for authoring.

And the last one, but also important, is that you can't turn off the subs, so they came burned in on the image. I did try to use an H264 file demuxed from the MKV, which left the subs out, but SUPER did not accept it and showed ERROR.

Perhaps someone with more experience on the program might suggest ways around these problems, as I think SUPER does have potential.

2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    One similar topic is enough. And no super(ffmpeg) is not a very good mpeg2 encoder. Use instead hcenc for best results. But continue in https://forum.videohelp.com/topic363275.html .