VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Good day all,

I was wondering if anyone has successfully converted any divx files to play on the creative zen. I have looked at their playable formats and every time I convert it the audio is out of sync. Anyone with help on this. Thanx all.
    I reject your reality
    and substitute my own.
    - Adam Savage -
    - Mythbusters -
    Quote Quote  
  2. I thought the Zen players already supported Divx (the codec). If you have a .DIVX file try just renaming it .AVI. Which Zen are you talking about? There are a zillion models named Zen - something.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    sorry for not being specific on the zen. It's the 2gb version

http://us.creative.com/products/product.asp?category=213&subcategory=214&product=16999&listby=
    I reject your reality
    and substitute my own.
    - Adam Savage -
    - Mythbusters -
    Quote Quote  
  4. Ah, I see, Divx requires transcoding to play on that player. I suspect your divx file has VBR MP3 audio and the converter is having problems with it. I don't know enough about Zen players to suggest a direct fix. But open your file with GSpot or MediaInfo to verify the VBR audio. If that is the problem you can try converting the audio to CBR or uncompressed WAV with VirtualDub or AviDemux. Then Creative's transcoding software should be able to handle it.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    The zen support master would encourage meditation.

q:Lam Shenphen Zangpo
    "Seeking happiness in outer things is like leaning on a wobbly chair for stability. It is impossible to achieve because the object we rely on is itself unstable and constantly moving. Consequently, when it wobbles, we wobble. As a result we never feel content and secure."
    Recommends: Kiva.org - Loans that change lives.
    http://www.kiva.org/about
    Quote Quote