VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello,

I'm looking for help/advise on how to create DVD Menu Template from existing DVD. To elaborate with specific example, I have authored a collection of home DVDs using Sony Vaio Click to DVD program and really enjoyed the creative menu options with animated video background, audio etc. Now I'm using more advanced tools for video editing and DVD Authoring, but want to create new DVDs using the templates from my existing collection created with Click to DVD.

Is there any easy to use program that will import an existing DVD and export the Menue-related items in a template to use with other DVD authoring tools. Alternatively, if there is a simple to follow process to extract the Menu-related items as separate files (i.e video, audio, image etc.)...

I've searched around, and at best found references to tools that can read VOBs and demux into video/audio files. Ideally, I would like to import a customizable DVD menu template from my old DVDs into ConvertXtoDVD.

Thanks, BT.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    To get a menu out of existing DVD you can use VobBlanker and than VOBtoMpeg to get mpeg file which can be used in new DVD authoring.
    Only problem may be if menu has buttons, they will have to be recreated.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello,

Unfortunately, VOBtoMpeg does not process the menu items. By default, it is set to work on the VOBs containing the titleset video file(s). The program is so rudimentary that the only options available are to specify the source & destination folders.

Here is what I did:
    1). Created a backup of my DVD with DVDShrink by replacing the main video with a blank image.
    2). Launched VOBtoMpeg, set the source & destination folders and let it finished its work.
    At the end, there is only one file --> VTS_01.mpg, which contains the blanked image I replaced the main video with in the original DVD.

DVDShrink can almost do the archiving I need in reauthor mode (i.e. work on the menu items and split video/audio in separate files), but unfortunately converts the menu buttons onto the menu clips/images. I want to be able to just extract the source files (video, audio, images) to use with a DVD Authoring program.

Does anyone else have an advice?

Regards, BT.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by btodorov
    I want to be able to just extract the source files (video, audio, images) to use with a DVD Authoring program.
    To do this you can use PgcDemux, get all menu elamentary streams and than DVDLab Pro will let you make a menu from those and author DVD.
    Quote Quote