VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi there,

I have a bit of an odd request from a client. He only has a authored movie DVD (no project files) and he needs me to change some menu's, but no longer has any of the menu graphics or original video files. I also need to remove some of the languages.

I am wondering if there is a way to decompile the files and reauthor the DVD and which program I can do this with. Also, if it is possible, to what extent can a program decompile it? original video files from the menus?

Any help would be much appreciated.
    Thank you.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    There may be other, but I know DVD Lab Pro can take your existing DVD VOB files from hard drive and author new DVD with new menus..
    You may be able to retrieve background from old menus and use that in new authoring.
    You may not get the same fonts, it all depend what was used on original.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Haven't been able to figure out dvd lab pro as of yet. Any other programs that you might know of? Has anyone had any success with demuxer?
    Thanks for your reply.
    Quote Quote  
  4. It kind of depends on what kind of editing and replacing you want. See if my menu editing guide is of any help. It uses all freeware:

https://forum.videohelp.com/topic313743.html
    I also need to remove some of the languages.
    I don't quite understand that. You mean remove an available language button from an audio or subtitles menu? If so, editing the menu itself, as described in the guide will get rid of the text. The button can be disabled quite easily using PGCEdit. If you mean removing an audio track from a video, you demux (PGCDemux), remux leaving off the unwanted audio (Muxman), replace the now 1-less-audio-track video in VobBlanker using the "Replace" button.
    Has anyone had any success with demuxer?
    Is "demuxer" supposed to be the name of a program? Whether for video or menus, the preferred program for demuxing assets is PGCDemux.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!