VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    I have gotten MKVs to build using CLI programs, now I am trying to do MP4 video, using the same AAC audio and merge/mux them together.

What CLI program do you suggest to mux MP4 and AAC please?

Thanks,
    Andrew
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    FFMPEG appears to do it JUST GREAT!

ffmpeg -i testvideo.mp4 -i testvideo.m4a -vcodec copy -acodec copy TestVideoMux.mp4

Works dandy-
    HTH,
    Andrew
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Also, MKVMERGE.EXE works great for making an MKV, instead of an MP4, I can merge video, audio, chapters and subtitles with it.

HTH,
    Andrew
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Mencoder works GREAT for muxing also!

Code:
    mencoder -oac copy -ovc copy -o "output.avi" -audiofile "input-audio.mpa" "input-video.avi"
    HTH,
    Andrew
    Quote Quote  
  5. OK, but what if I have six separate audio files (as in PCM-L.wav, PCM-R.wav, PCM-C.wav, PCM-LFE.wav...)? I'm working with one 1080p ProRes MOV, and six 32-bit float WAV files for full 5.1 sound. I'm trying to merge them into one 480p (or 480i, I don't really care at this point) file which I would like to use for generating a good quality DVD screener. I'm assuming that I have to map the tracks correctly onto the file if they are going to place correctly on the disc, or no?

I'm on Ubuntu 13.04, running 64-bit on a Intel® Core™ i7-2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz × 8. I thank you in advance for any help you can give.

P.S. - When I try using MKVMerge, it rejects the video file, saying "the input file does not contain any tracks." Well, of course it doesn't... am I missing something?
    Last edited by ricardisimo; 12th May 2013 at 18:47.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    What does your question have to do with this old thread?

Have you ever authored a DVD before?
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by vaporeon800 View Post
    What does your question have to do with this old thread?

Have you ever authored a DVD before?
    As I understood the question, the OP wanted to know how to merge a video file with an audio file. My question differs only in that I have several audio files. And yes I have authored DVDs before, that part I'm not worried about.

Am I missing something?
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    The OP was talking about muxing together a completed video track with a completed audio track into MP4 format.

You're talking about taking high-quality source files and turning them into a standard DVD-Video disc. They couldn't be further apart. For the audio you will need to map the tracks in an audio editor and export AC3. For the video you will need to downscale and possibly interlace (what frame rate of 1080p?) then encode to MPEG-2 at a standard frame size, bitrate, and level.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Couldn't be further apart? OK.

I thank you very sincerely for the reply, smarmy though it seems to be. I think you've pointed me in the right direction.
    Quote Quote