VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    hi, is there a way to adjust the volume level without re-rendering? For example, I was working on a vegas 5.0 project. It's only 8 minutes but it takes about 1.5 hour to render it to .avi. I went as far as I could go on the mixer but the .avi volume still seems low. I know "Super" can increase it up to 6db when converting it to other format. Is there a software that provide more than 6db adjustment? Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    avidemux, open video, under video choose copy, under audio choose a codec like mp3 or wav lpcm, click filters and gain mode, save as a new avi.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I realize Super does offermore than 6db. But I will try your suggestion as well. Thanks a lot for the tip!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I don't know what you are doing in Vegas, but you can easily get more than 6db increase without much effort.

However Vegas isn't the tool to use to increase the volume on a downloaded AVI file unless you are happy to output a new mp3 audio track only, then use virtualdubmod or similar to replace the old with the new. A lot quicker than a needless and inappropriate re-encode.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote