VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5
FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
Thread
  1. It would be possible (for time/date/timecode etc) but I don't think anything exists to do it.
    Quote Quote  
  2. hmm i see then, however before i go on with that, i would preferably like to capture with Adobe Premiere Pro with Scene detection, but of course it doesnt work for me, do u have any idea why?
    Quote Quote  
  3. hey again, i just came back to start doing as wat u said, but one again i have been getting it crashing again, even adding the .reg to the registry and the error message says error unpacking package or something like that 'E2'.

sorry about this.
    Quote Quote  
  4. According to MS, you have a missing system file (gdiplus.dll) which is very, very odd. You can get it here:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=6a63ab9c-df12-4d41-933c-be590...DisplayLang=en

Let me know if it works.
    Quote Quote  
  5. i downloaded it, and it extracted to the desktop, thus i got 2 folders there, but yet it didnt make a difference.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Please answer the following:

1. Can you run the Enosoft DV Processor by itself (i.e., from the Start menu)?
    2. Can you run the clip marker program at all? Does it start up or does it crash?
    3. When exactly does the E2 error happen?
    4. Does your C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32 directory contain a file called gdiplus.dll ?

Do you have access to another PC? Does the software work on it? I have tested it on half a dozen different systems/versions of Windows and haven't this error ever show up.
    Quote Quote  
  7. 1. No
    2. No and crashed
    3. Suprisingly, its not there, however i copied the .dll into the folder and now it works!

gonna keep u updated on the next thing.
    Quote Quote  
  8. okay, i hadf a quick go at it, and the first thing i have done was to transfer the file to a DV tape using your software only and not with ClipMarker, and i still get the same results, very stuttery, like a struggling video trying to play, nad as if the file was like too much for one or the other to handle

also, aspect ratio is not corrected during transfer, even though i renamed the files as u said inorder for the software to do it job.
    Quote Quote  
  9. The aspect ratio bit hasn't be finished yet - I've been waiting to see if you can get the software working on your computer.

To make sure I understand - you have a DV AVI file create by an editing program (Premiere, I assume) and if you send it to tape using the DV processor then you get sturrery results? Where is it sturrery - on the tape or when you recapture? When you record it to tape, how does the tape look if you play it back in the camcorder? How does the DV file that you create from your editor look when you play it on the computer? What frame rate is it? DV only supports 25 or 29.97fps. If you are capturing the file back to your capture, which software are you using to do the capture?

BTW - having gdiplus.dll missing is a very bad thing. It is a standard Windows system file used for graphics so something must have deleted it.
    Quote Quote  
  10. dont worry, the gdiplus.dll is back in the system folder, i am intitialyl confused why it wasnt there if it is such an important thing, how does my computer run then?

okay, the DV AVI has been created by using TMPEG Xpress using the DV codec that was recommended here, i forgot the name, and post processing has been done during the process to convert TFF to BFF and plays fine at 50i. Ive done soemthing like this before, and i manage to take the file to a DV tape without problem using Premiere.

when taking the DV AVI using ur software, both input and out stutters, but differently, as i would already assume playback from input wouldnt look good and its only the output that matters. What i see been transfered back to tape from the PC is identical (i think) to how it looks on the camera.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Can you upload a ~10 sec clip that Xpress creates to a file sharing website somewhere so I can take a look?

Please confirm, you have taken such a file created by Xpress using the codec you mentioned and used Premiere to export it to and recapture from tape?
    Quote Quote  
  12. will work on the 10 sec clip shortly, and yes i can confirm that i have made a DV AVI file using Xpress (and Virtualdub to change the field order) and took that into Premiere and sucessfully backed it up to tape.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Hello there, so sorry for such the delay, been unexpectedly busy, however i managed to do the 10secs clip sample, of what exactly looks like when it is sent to the DV tape.

i hope it works: http://www.wikiupload.com/download_page.php?id=116207
    Quote Quote  
  14. hey Johnny! did u see the sample by any chance?
    Quote Quote  
  15. Not yet. The site requires setting up an account which I'm not too keen on. I'll go there again tonight.
    Quote Quote  
  16. hmm that sstrange, im sure u could download it straight, iw ould do it here, but the 10sec clip is far to big.

any chance by now u managed to watch it either way?
    Quote Quote  
  17. heeey, how is everything?

maybe u are still having problems trying to watch it? ive made a megaupload upload of the clip here:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=I4SCUTGN

this should make things easier, please let me know if it works and stuff, and also of course if u know wat the problems is.

hope to hear back very soon!
    Quote Quote  
  18. Hello Jonny, this is Undead Sega here! how are you? long time no hear.

i am sorry if i didnt continue pursuing this, althugh still interested, i have made a couple posts here and a PM to you with no reply, also at the same time i was very busy at college doing some work, luckily i am in university now, feels like if time passed by so fast.

anyways, a couple things changed with me, that is, i am no longer running Windows XP, i am operating Windows 7 64bit, would this make any difference to what has been done so far?

i will not rush into things too fast yet, i would love to hear back from you very soon and hopefuly this wasnt forgotten at all with u.

all the best and once again, hope to hear from u very soon.
    Quote Quote  
  19. Hello? anyone at all?

Are you there at all Johnny???
    Quote Quote  
  20. I'm here.

Circumstances mean that I cannot do any gratis custom work at this time.

John.
    Quote Quote