VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi, I recently downloaded DVDFab 5, liked it so much that I purchased the platinum edition. However whenever I burn DVD movies directly to a DVD R it requests a DL DVD, is there another way to burn DVD to DVD without using the clone mode, a way to compress the origional disc to fit on a regular DVD R? I used to do this with Roxio EMC-10, and DVD43, but lately all new movies get kicked out at 70 to 80% completion. That is why I went with DVDFab. Just would like to use reg DVD R's instead of DL DVD R's, there kinda expensive.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Clone mode is just that, it tries to make an identical copy so your DL source needs a DL destination to copy to.
    What you need to so is select "Full disc" or "Main Movie" then set the drop-down box beside the quality message to DVD5.

DVD5 refers to 5GB (Ok...4.7GB) single layer discs and DVD9 to dual layer. It will take quite a bit longer to convert a DL source disc to single layer but it does a respectable job of re-encoding.

Brian.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Ric2L,
    Down at the bottom, select DVD5 (select box) then proceed. You can also change the default and output size in the options. Click the green checkmark at the top right.

CHANGE OUTPUT SIZE
    On the left side, select DVD -> Write. On the right, adjust the DVD Writable media option(s) to what you want. You may want to change it to 4464MB or so for DVD-5

CHANGE DEFAULT SIZE
    Choose DVD to DVD on the left. Pick your default output size.
    -The Mang
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks Guys, just what I needed to know, works great.
    Quote Quote