VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Somehow I managed to inadvertently lock the disk tray on my SD-V295 dvd/vcr combo unit (the padlock icon is displayed), & I can't unlock it. I've tried unplugging the player (for 24 hours!), tried "setup-2-0-0-5-setup", tried holding the open/close button in.....ahhh, I've tried a thousand different methods with no luck. Do any of you guys know of a code/sequence that can unlock this damned tray?

Edit 1-19-09:

Solved! A Toshiba customer rep had me try this sequence of buttons on the remote: setup-subtitle-3-audio-0. It didn't work...until I finally got disgusted & opened the beast up. In the upper right corner of the small circuit board atop the drive, there are 2 thin ribbon connectors; I unplugged the one furthest from the front of the unit, plugged in the AC, & pressed the open/close button. The tray opened - BUT - after putting it all back together & powering up, I still saw the dreaded padlock icon, & had a locked tray. However, THIS time when I tried the above sequence, the closed padlock icon was replaced by the OPEN padlock icon! Tray unlocked! Success!!
    Stiiv
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search PM
    ok, the sequence worked, but every time I use a CD and press stop and turn off and turn on i have a locked tray.someone knows how to fix that permanently..

Help me please!!!
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    thank you for the comment..'i opened the BEAST up'........i followed your instructions on disconnecting the ribbon connector furthest from front, powered up, and it opened......HOWEVER.....my problem was...there was no disc in the tray, and it was locked......so the unit could not engage the disc, resulting in the setup button 'actually engaging the setup menu.......with a disc in the tray, witch i inserted when i had...'the BEAST'.....dismembered and powered down........resulted in the disc menu engaging, from there...simply put the disc in STOP mode......and follow with the sequence.....'setup.....subtitle......3.......audi o......0'........and the lock mechanism disengaged.......TOTAL SOLUTION.......always leave a disc in the tray...or a screwdriver in the audio/video cabinet....COST .......priceless.......lol
    Quote Quote