VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. SYMPTOM:
    Indicate E01 or E02 on the FL display.
    Does not operate with indicated "POWER ON" on the FL.
    The recording and playback of HDD does not work.

CAUSE:
    The malfunction of the SATA cable

REMEDY:
    Replace the SATA cable, when you face this problem of HDD.
    Replace it even if you cannot confirm a actual symptom
    You may change this cable with any that is sold in a computer hardware shop.

* If "E2" has appeard on the FL after replacing the SATA cable, you should perform the initialize of HDD

DVR Models:
    DVR-450H
    DVR-550H
    DVR-555H
    DVR-650H
    DVR-LX60
    DVR-LX60D
    Last edited by Hkan; 1st Nov 2010 at 06:20.
    Pioneer FAQ http://pioneerfaq.info : Please visit the sponsors
    @Twitter
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I can't believe this worked for me but it did. My 450h got to where it would freeze up, then got so bad it reported a HDD error every time about 1 minute after powering up (after which you could not do anything at all with the HDD). I replaced the cable, and now it works fine, plus all my recordings are still there. How can a cable go bad like that? I can understand one that's constantly being moved, but one that's stationary?

Thanks hkan!
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by gltech
    I can't believe this worked for me but it did. My 450h got to where it would freeze up, then got so bad it reported a HDD error every time about 1 minute after powering up (after which you could not do anything at all with the HDD). I replaced the cable, and now it works fine, plus all my recordings are still there. How can a cable go bad like that? I can understand one that's constantly being moved, but one that's stationary?

Thanks hkan!
    Has the E01 come back? I've got the same problem? Hard to imagine that a cable goes. Small currents in this cable.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    changing the cable did not work for me, I seem to have lost my HDD altogether , the HD light comes on briefly, then goes off .
    Need to know how to replace hard drive and how much would it cost to DIY it , would appreciate any help on this .lx60d
    Alan
    christchurch
    england
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    i replaced the faulty HDD of my DVR-LX60 by the same manufacturer part number ST3250820SCE and same capacity 250GB but different manufacturing date and still giving E01.

can anyone advise please
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Dear Hkan

Thank you very much for your support
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Dear Hkan,

How can I get GG1321 type 2 disc or from which site can I downloaded?

Regards

Abdo
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Sorry GGV1321
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I recently bought a used DVR 540. It work great and a great improvement over my DVR 210... after a week of using it.I got the EO1 on the FL.. I was shocked.. I did a search and landed on the Pioneerfaq site then here.. I followed the advice offered about the SATA cable and it works... Great advice.. Just wanted others to know that the cable swapping does work
    Quote Quote