VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    TMPGEnc cannot open the video part of the file, only the audio part can be opened.

I am a movie burner and i used favc to convert the movie into DVD, but kept the working files so i can work with them with TMPGEnc DVD Author 3 to make a better menu. But when i open the working file of the movie with TMPGEnc, an error pops up saying:

"Could not open the video part of the file E:\nov dvd\New Folder\Working Folder 0\Title0.m2v Only the audio part can be opened."

Why is this popping up? I have tried to play the converted movie and it works. But when i open the working file with TMPGEnc the error ceases me. Everything used to work fine, ive already used TMPGEnc with several movies and everything is fine. This is my 1st time getting this error.

Thanks in advance!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Mux your m2v into an MPG container.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    what do you mean? can you please expand your answer? thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  4. .m2v is an elementary video stream (no audio), perhaps TMPGEnc cannot handle it.

I think jagabo is suggesting to make a full .mpg (i.e. audio + video). You can use ImagoMPEG-Muxer, or muxman for example

Perhaps you can import the VOB's instead? (not sure, I don't use TMPGEnc DVD Author)
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    TMPGEnc DVD author, when it opens an .m2v file, the audio goes with it. ive been doing this for months and this is the first time i met this error. i dont know why is this happening. ive already deleted the vobs.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    An .m2v file contains no audio -- it is an elementary video stream. If there is an associated audio stream with the same filename prefix located in the same folder, then many tools will automatically open the two together.

There are lots of possible reasons for not being able to open one of the two streams. Some are:

1) Filename prefixes not the same, or contain oddball characters.
    2) Damaged file (or disc/disk), so that the tool can't parse it.
    3) Insufficient disk space.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    the filenames are the same, this is not a damaged file and i have sufficient disk space. i have also tried to convert the same movie again and again but it wont work. but if i try it to others, everything is fine.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    How did you verify that it's not a damaged file? The ability to play the file in, say, VLC, does not imply that the file is undamaged. For example, if there are timecode breaks, or some sporadic errors in a GOP, some software players can handle such problems with grace, while others will choke.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    but why would the resulting file always become damaged?
    Quote Quote  
  10. Originally Posted by dzsoul
    but why would the resulting file always become damaged?
    Always? I thought you were talking about one particular file. Presumably something went wrong with the demux.

My earlier suggestion about muxing into an MPG container was based on earlier TMPGEnc software which couldn't import M2V files.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    yeah im just talking to one particular file....what i really mean is that it ALWAYS HAPPEN TO ONE PARTICULAR FILE. hehehe. sorry for the confusion.
    Quote Quote  
  12. There are tools for fixing MPEG streams. Try VideoRedo.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    i tried videoredo, but when i use it instead of having the movie in 4GB, the result has the total of about 1GB.

can someone tell me what is really the cause of this? previously i've been using FAVC along with TMPGEnc, i've tried searching in google but no solution.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for trying to help but none of your suggestions worked. I just switched to TMPGEnc Authoring Works and uninstalled TMPGEnc DVD Author.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Hello,
    I was wondering if you guys fixed the nly the audio part can be loaded NOT the video part. Well I have figured it out.

ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS OPEN FFDSHOW VIDEO CONFIGURATION.
    AFTER YOU DO THAT ON THE LEFT SIDE SCROLL DOWN AND FIND AVISYNTH.

NOW MAKE SURE IT IS NOT CHECK MARKED. IF IT IS THEN UNCHECK IT.

PROBLEM SOLVED. ENJOY!!!!!
    Quote Quote