VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The HDMI audio from my TWC box creates some static on my TV Speakers. The analog audio from my cable box is fine. I prefer the HDMI video over component because I am having some interference on HD channels (wavy lines) occasionally that are very annoying. I haven't found a way yet to eliminate them except to go to HDMI.

I have a Mits 62725 DLP TV. How can I make the DVI audio inputs come alive if I use the HDMI cable from the cable box? I don't see a DVI output on the cable box even though it is an option in the settings on the box. Is there a way to trick the TV into alloing DVI analog input?

I've tried turning audo off on the Monlink input (HDMI) in hope that the inputs would start passing audio - but no go.

I appreciate the help.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by hamiltonpl
    The HDMI audio from my TWC box creates some static on my TV Speakers. The analog audio from my cable box is fine. I prefer the HDMI video over component because I am having some interference on HD channels (wavy lines) occasionally that are very annoying. I haven't found a way yet to eliminate them except to go to HDMI.

I have a Mits 62725 DLP TV. How can I make the DVI audio inputs come alive if I use the HDMI cable from the cable box? I don't see a DVI output on the cable box even though it is an option in the settings on the box. Is there a way to trick the TV into alloing DVI analog input?

I've tried turning audo off on the Monlink input (HDMI) in hope that the inputs would start passing audio - but no go.

I appreciate the help.
    It all comes down to the cable box mfgr and the way your local cable company prograqms it. Never used a Mits. I have no problem with Motorola HD cable boxes with Comcast or SciAtl 8300HD on Time Warner getting analog componet or HDMI with separate S/PDIF audio. Complain to the cable company or try calling Mits.
    Recommends: Kiva.org - Loans that change lives.
    http://www.kiva.org/about
    Quote Quote  
  3. If your TV allows analog audio input while viewing via HDMI you should be able to force the cable box to output analog audio via the red/white RCA connectors.
    Quote Quote  
  4. I would first try another HDMI cable,if that doesn't help then get another box from your cable company.
    I'm not sure about TWC but Comcast allows you to change the audio compression,see if there's a setting for Optimal Sound.
    Quote Quote