VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello, I've tried pinnacle 8, 12, Corel, adobe 6 and adobe 1.5 and all have issues and seem to close or crash at random for various reasons.

Pinnacle doesn't playback smoothe and hangs constantly when trying to render to tape. Corel videostudio 12 can't load library and for that, doesn't render at all. Also when I save a title and re-open it, all of the styles are changed.

Adobe 6.5 crashes when the titler is in use and adobe pro 1.5 wont capture for more then a few seconds at a time.

I personally like the Pinnacle 12 the best but what's the point if it can't play back in a decent quality to check your work, or print to video without hanging up.

My system is new, plenty of ram and speed. My computer guy says it's just glitches with the programs. We've tried many drivers.

Do you guys have these issues? If so, can someone throw some advice this way and perhaps recommend a stable editing program? I defrag daily as well!

Many thanks, Tim
    Quote Quote  
  2. Sony Vegas (movie studio+DVD) works well under WinXP for me.
    The OldeMan
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You should be getting better results than that. You are using very old versions of these programs which may be a factor.

In my experience, Sony Vegas is most stable. I haven't used the recent consumer Movie Studio versions so can't comment.

Next best from your list is probably Corel-ULead Video Studio 12. Did you install bug fix updates?

Pinnacle Studio and Roxio products have a poor history for stability.

Adobe Premiere 6.5 (2002) was the last of the original Premiere series and was reasonably stable but every version before that had serious issues. v6.5 is good for DV source.

Adobe Premiere Pro 1.5 (~2004) was a rewrite and had issues. 2.0 improved things. Current version is CS4.
    Recommends: Kiva.org - Loans that change lives.
    http://www.kiva.org/about
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks Ed. I talked with Corel via email and the said try this and that, of course nothing worked but failed to mention there was a patch.

Looks like I'll try Sony Vegas, seems to get good reviews.
    Quote Quote