VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I was extremely grateful to find this guide but after following all the instructions very closely I was left with a file that was still apparently PAL. Please excuse me for I'm far from an expert, and probably in the dumbass category in terms of computer know how on this board. Anyway, I for some reason I was left with a file that didn't have the correct dimensions, I think, even though my script was fine. But more importantly, the guide doesn't say to change the frame rate from PAL anywhere until the use of pulldown. My guess is that this should have been down using CCE. So, my question is I suppose, is my guess correct? Or if not, is the guide in fact perfectly fine? What do I need to do differently or is it just a matter of learning how to read? Thanks for your help.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Not sure what guide you are using but if you are encoding pal to ntsc you change the frame size from 720x576 to 720x480 and leave the fps at 25 and when finished encoding you run the finished mpv through dgpulldown at
    25-->29.97.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Yeah, what guide is this?

If it's this one:

http://www.eggshellskull.com/pal2ntsc/

then the guide is no good in more ways than one, but he's using an older version of CCE. My educated guess is that you didn't uncheck the "For DVD" box near the top of the main screen of CCE. It will override your AviSynth script since you set it for 25fps, and also give you a PAL resolution. Uncheck the box. In the guide writer's defense, I don't believe the version of CCE he used had that same checkbox.
    Quote Quote