VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    hey recently i got annoyed at how much a dubbed show had changed from the original (and my friend not believing me).

if possible i would like to know a program that can help me have the 2 videos play at eh same time in the same video (of course at a lower resolution) eg. vid1 on top left and vid2 on bottom right withy black boxes in the other 2.

could anyone suggest a program that could help me do this as painlessly as possible, i also need to be able to pause one at times i choose to keep them in sync (deleted scenes)

thanks in advance (this is also a personal goal to count the amount of "necessary editing" that made the show in question nothing like the original) if u want a example i can like a youtube vid if you wish from one i found once

sorry if this not in the right section didn't know where to put it
    Quote Quote  
  2. AviSynth - using a Resize() filter to make each quarter size, then AddBorders() to add the black (to the right on the first video and on the left for the second), then StackHorizontal(). Then feed it to MPC or similar. If your PC isn't fast enough to play as a script, render out to Xvid or similar.
    "Shut up Wesley!" -- Captain Jean-Luc Picard
    Buy My Books
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Keep in mind that the processing time an personal energy involved in making your side-by-side video may vastly exceed the required effort to simply play the videos on 2 separate hardware units. If you or your friend has a laptop or portable DVD player, you could bring it into the same room where DVD movies are watched on TV. By eyeballing and carefully using the pause buttons of the 2 units, you can closely synchronize the starting points of the two videos and let them run.

Just an alternative suggestion.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    thanks for the responses guys,
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by filmboss80
    Keep in mind that the processing time an personal energy involved in making your side-by-side video may vastly exceed the required effort to simply play the videos on 2 separate hardware units.
    As gadgetguy suggested, you don't have to make anything except for the script. No effort, no reencoding. Just open the script in some player that supports AviSynth scripts, like MPC. As an example, assuming 1.33:1 videos and an AVI source:

A=AviSource("C:\Path\To\Video1.avi",False)#false disables the audio
    B=AviSource("C:\Path\To\Video2.avi",False)
    A=A.LanczosResize(320,240)
    A=A.AddBorders(0,0,320,0)
    B=B.LanczosResize(320,240)
    B=B.AddBorders(320,0,0,0)
    StackVertical(A,B)

Adjust for your names and paths. It can be played like any other video. You can't pause each individually, though, although the script can be adjusted for the editing of each video (like to remove certain sections).
    Quote Quote