VideoHelp Forum

Try DVDFab and download streaming video, copy, convert or make Blu-rays,DVDs! Download free trial !
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 6 of 6
Thread
  1. Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Sweden
    Search Comp PM
    hi
    I have a big problem, I lost some movies, and restorded them with Recuva(OMFG I cant beleve this ), about 80% can be playd as normal, but the other 20% can not be played at all in WMP/VLC.
    How can I fix this broken videos?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Always Watching guns1inger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Miskatonic U
    Search Comp PM
    It depends on a number of factors.

    Were they fully restored ? It sounds like they were not.

    What is actually broken ? It could be as simple as an index issue, or it could be far more complex, like a broken header.

    If VLC cannot play them it does not bode well.

    Depending on the format you might try on of the repair tools : https://www.videohelp.com/tools/sections/video-repair-fix

    But I would not hold out much hope
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  3. File undelete programs can't always recover big files correctly.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member Soopafresh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    United States
    Search Comp PM
    The fact that you got 80% of them back is a minor miracle.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Sweden
    Search Comp PM
    MPEG Corrector WORKS!! YaY
    BUt I realy dont have many MPEG files, I need some AVI and WMV CORRECTOR.
    Pleaes help, I search in the mean time
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member Soopafresh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    United States
    Search Comp PM
    Try Asfbin for WMV files
    Quote Quote  



Similar Threads