VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5
1 2 3 ... LastLast
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi folks,

After a couple years of quiet development in the darkest corners of the Internet, another public beta of TSPE is now available!

http://www.bitstreamtools.com

For those that don't know, TSPE (Transport Stream Packet Editor) is a non-linear Editor / Analyser that can handle any Transport Stream with any format inside.

So, what's new...

Supported Formats:
    MPEG2 / H.264 / VC-1 / AC-3 / DDP / MLP / DTS / DTS-HD / DTS-HD MA / AAC / MPEG1 Audio / MPEG2 Audio / PCM (everything?

.TS, AVCHD and .M2TS support including stripping the m2ts header to make normal 188 byte .TS files.

No re-encoding of the stream to preserve maximum quality, P frame to I frame accurate, clean video/audio editing, timestamp and table correction.

You can cut commercials from captured sources, detect commercials using format changes, scan for errors, import TSPE and M2R logs, fix broken streams including timestamp wraparounds, continuity errors, timestamp gaps, realign to start codes and resync audio.

Stream stripping with table correction, PCR remapping, Demuxing, Core Audio from HD audio extraction.

Video preview is much more accurate, uses your own (selectable) directshow filters, test and full edits are previewable with TSPE's own internal viewer, multi-part ts file joining with autosorting EDL (Edit decision List). Marker List to enable bookmarking of positions.

Packet Header Decode for analysis including broadcast tables (ATSC/DVB). Resizable interface.

Plenty more too, visit the website for details.

TSPE is now shareware, free trial period is 45 days. I wanted to release TSPE once I was sure it performed well enough to justify payment. It is still in beta testing, but most of the major bugs have been ironed out (I hope!).

Please let me know how you get along; of course I would like to know your feedback good or bad and especially if you have some streams which don't work properly.

Have fun,

Regards,

Vent
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I've been tearing my hair out looking for a program to edit my HD PVR captures. I tried TSPE and was having some success, but a couple of issues:

- ffdshow produced a completely useless garbled image in the video preview window. I don't know the reason for this, but I uninstalled ffdshow and installed CoreAVC (trial) instead and the video preview worked perfectly. I would rather use ffdshow than pay for CoreAVC.

- After I got CoreAVC working, I had a hard crash (probably not related TSPE) and had to clear CMOS to reboot. Now TSPE won't start with a message about "Unable to find valid license file". I tried re-downloading the program and license again, but it won't start. Any ideas?

Can TSPE adjust frame rate? My captures are 59.940 fps and I want to reduce the frame rate.

If I can get this program running it will be well worth it's cost considering the time I've wasted looking for other solutions.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member 1st class
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by krthomas
    I've been tearing my hair out looking for a program to edit my HD PVR captures.
    Have you tried VideoReDo? They have a fully functional 30 day trail and it handles my HD recordings perfectly.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I've been tearing my hair out looking for a program to edit my HD PVR captures. I tried TSPE and was having some success, but a couple of issues:

- ffdshow produced a completely useless garbled image in the video preview window. I don't know the reason for this, but I uninstalled ffdshow and installed CoreAVC (trial) instead and the video preview worked perfectly. I would rather use ffdshow than pay for CoreAVC.

- After I got CoreAVC working, I had a hard crash (probably not related TSPE) and had to clear CMOS to reboot. Now TSPE won't start with a message about "Unable to find valid license file". I tried re-downloading the program and license again, but it won't start. Any ideas?

Can TSPE adjust frame rate? My captures are 59.940 fps and I want to reduce the frame rate.

If I can get this program running it will be well worth it's cost considering the time I've wasted looking for other solutions.
    Hi,

I have sent you a PM with some details regarding your licence issue, I hope that will sort things out. Let me know how you get on.

Changing the framerate requires a full re-encoding of the source file, something that TSPE does not do.

Regarding FFDShow, I use it myself for development so TSPE is tuned for FFDShow. It's also tuned for CoreAVC so both should work fine. However, FFDShow isn't so great at seeking to very specific timecodes, so it may be that which is causing the issue. CoreAVC is much better in this regard.

The breakup may be happening because FFDShow isn't seeking to an I frame, but instead is seeking to something in between like a B or P frame. Video codecs need to start off with an I frame however to get a clean video frame, then decode each frame until it reaches the requested frame. However, not all codecs do this and the result is picture breakup.

To resolve possible FFDShow breakup, try only seeking to I-Frames using the IF+/- buttons in TSPE.

That should produce a good or better image, however, it's possible that FFDShow is still not seeking to the timecode requested by TSPE. So TSPE has a way of tuning the directshow filter in use to adjust for the offset.

To tweak the video display for FFDShow, do the following:
    1. Turn on the OSD for FFDShow Video. To do this:
    a. double click the FFDShow system tray icon, the filter property page should come up.
    b. Click on the OSD option, which is the 4th from the top.
    c. Click the checkbox next to the OSD option to turn it on
    d. in the right hand side, find and select "Current Frame" and check the box next to it to turn it on.
    e. Optionally, find and select "Frame Type" and check the box next to it to turn it on.
    f. Click ok

2. In TSPE, click to an I-Frame using the IF+/- buttons.
    3. Click the "View" button top left hand side to rotate the display windows until you see the packet Decode, you'll see something like this:
    Code:
    PID: 0x1011
    Continuity Counter: 5
    PTS: 19:41:44:14 (28)	70904.238s (1632121111) (Frame: 9782)
    DTS: 19:41:44:04 (08)	70904.071s
    Attributes: H.264 1280x720 (1280x720) @ 59.940 fps
    Look for this value: (Frame: 9782) (9782 is just an example)
    You should see the same or similar value in FFDShow in it's OSD.
    If the numbers dont match, you can adjust the preview window by:
    4. Select Options -> Timestamp Mode -> Preview Adjust...
    5. Change the offset slightly backwards or forwards and click OK (eg. set to -4)
    6. Check the accuracy with the IF+/- buttons again.

This procedure should help FFDShow find the right frame. For some reason however, with the latest FFDShow tryout, it seems quite tricky to get FFDShow to seek to the exact I frame requested. Hopefully this will be fixed in a future FFDShow release.

Incidently, you can change the directshow filter in use from within TSPE.

To change the directshow filter:
    1. Click on Menu Options -> Direct Show Control Enabled?
    2. Click on Menu Options -> Direct Show Control...
    This will bring up a window where you can configure the direct show filters you want for each type of video stream and audio.
    3. In the list on the left hand side, scroll down to the direct show video filter you want and select it.
    4. Click "Add" next to the type of Video you want to change, E.g. H.264.
    This adds the directshow filter to the drop down list under the video type. You can add multiple filters for a particular video type and TSPE will remember your chocies. You can remove a filter from the drop down boxes by pressing the "Delete" button next to the drop down box.
    5. Click OK to save the changes.
    6. If you video preview is open, click on the Video Checkbox under the video preview window to turn off the preview video.
    7. Click on the Video checkbox again to turn back on the video preview.

You can right click the video preview to see what filters are in use.

Please be careful when choosing your own direct show filters however, as a wrong choice could cause TSPE to become non-responsive as the system tries to connect the directshow filter you requested. If the filter doesnt connect, this could take several minutes to fail. Similarly, choosing the wrong directshow filter can cause the filter to crash and take out TSPE with it. This unfortunately is a byproduct of DirectShow rather than TSPE.

Finally, it might be possible to make shorter GOPs in the HDPVR's encoding setup. A GOP of 12 - 15 frames is normal which is about half a second, but I have seen samples with very large GOPs of 4 seconds or so. Shorter GOPs mean more accurate editing and higher quality output at the expense of a higher bitrate and larger file.

I hope all that helps, let me know how you get on.

Regards,

Vent
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by festmaster
    I've been tearing my hair out looking for a program to edit my HD PVR captures.
    Have you tried VideoReDo? They have a fully functional 30 day trail and it handles my HD recordings perfectly.
    Videoredo does not support H.264 transport stream files!
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    OK, the license fix worked. I was able to edit my capture (with CoreAVC) and everything worked great.

Then I reinstalled ffdshow (cleared my settings) and was also able to edit as well without any problems. If I notice any flakiness in the future I'll refer to your instructions.

The default GOP setting for the HD PVR is "Simple GOP 4/32/128". There's also "Advanced GOP 4/32/128" and then a "No IDR" version of each 4/32/0. I'm using the default.

In my edited captures at the beginning of each edit there is a tiny bit of jumbled video. I guess this is because some of the cuts I made are not on I-Frames? Any tips on how I can avoid this?

Overall, I'm pretty happy with my edits - 1GB of commercial removed from an hour show. Now I just need an easy way to change the frame rate.

Thanks for the help.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    OK, the license fix worked. I was able to edit my capture (with CoreAVC) and everything worked great.

Then I reinstalled ffdshow (cleared my settings) and was also able to edit as well without any problems. If I notice any flakiness in the future I'll refer to your instructions.

The default GOP setting for the HD PVR is "Simple GOP 4/32/128". There's also "Advanced GOP 4/32/128" and then a "No IDR" version of each 4/32/0. I'm using the default.

In my edited captures at the beginning of each edit there is a tiny bit of jumbled video. I guess this is because some of the cuts I made are not on I-Frames? Any tips on how I can avoid this?

Overall, I'm pretty happy with my edits - 1GB of commercial removed from an hour show. Now I just need an easy way to change the frame rate.

Thanks for the help.
    Hi,

Glad to hear you are now editing successfully!

Regarding the "jumbled video" it might be because you are not setting I frames though TSPE should automatically find the closes I or P frame to cut at. Try making sure to use the IF+/- buttons to fine tune the start/end position. To get a better idea of what is happening, please send me a sample.

Try also changing the GOP settings to see if that solves the issue.

Do you get the same issue with CoreAVC? I have noticed the very latest FFDShow codecs producing some pixelation where the older builds did not.

It would help if you can send a short sample (30 - 60 seconds?) using each of the GOP settings for further analysis. If you are able to send samples, please turn off the two "Fix Tables" and "Fix Timecodes" checkboxes next to the Edit button.

For re-encoding, I would suggest looking at x264 into mkv.

Regards,

Vent
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello,

I've recently tried using TSPE to edit my h264 captures. However, I gave up for a couple weeks because I could not get the program to cut my edits after I made all my cut points. So yesterday I decided to try again and now I can't seem to render the video anymore in the program itself. I receive the following error...

Error: Auto Creating Filter Graph
    Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040241
    Error Loading Video, Disabling.

I have tried manually setting my directshow filters following the steps in a previous post and also used dsfmgr to make sure CoreAVC is the preferred filter. I am able to play the capture using MPC fine. I am not sure how this happened because the last time I ran the program I was able to view the video and make cuts without a problem. What might be some things I can check out so I can give this tool another try?
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Bk2X
    Hello,

I've recently tried using TSPE to edit my h264 captures. However, I gave up for a couple weeks because I could not get the program to cut my edits after I made all my cut points. So yesterday I decided to try again and now I can't seem to render the video anymore in the program itself. I receive the following error...

I have tried manually setting my directshow filters following the steps in a previous post and also used dsfmgr to make sure CoreAVC is the preferred filter. I am able to play the capture using MPC fine. I am not sure how this happened because the last time I ran the program I was able to view the video and make cuts without a problem. What might be some things I can check out so I can give this tool another try?
    Hi Bk2X,

Sorry to hear you are having trouble with the video preview. Here are some basic steps to try:

1. uninstall Haali Media Splitter (if installed)
    2. Download the latest version from the Haali website
    3. Install Haali Media Splitter
    4. Uninstall / Re-install FFDShow again from the FFDShow website.

If you still have video preview issues after doing the above, then please send me a sample of about 50MB from the start of one of your caps. When you make the sample file, just use the byte position to navigate and set the end point, then uncheck both the "Fix Tables" and "Fix Timecodes" options next to the Edit button before making the sample edit. You can send me the sample by uploading to one of the File Sharing Websites such as Mediafire, zshare, rapidshare.de, etc etc.

Once I have the sample, I can better assist you with your setup and better perhaps find something that can be improved with configuring TSPE.

Thanks,

Vent
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Ventolin
    Hello,

Hi Bk2X,

Sorry to hear you are having trouble with the video preview. Here are some basic steps to try:

1. uninstall Haali Media Splitter (if installed)
    2. Download the latest version from the Haali website
    3. Install Haali Media Splitter
    4. Uninstall / Re-install FFDShow again from the FFDShow website.

If you still have video preview issues after doing the above, then please send me a sample of about 50MB from the start of one of your caps. When you make the sample file, just use the byte position to navigate and set the end point, then uncheck both the "Fix Tables" and "Fix Timecodes" options next to the Edit button before making the sample edit. You can send me the sample by uploading to one of the File Sharing Websites such as Mediafire, zshare, rapidshare.de, etc etc.

Once I have the sample, I can better assist you with your setup and better perhaps find something that can be improved with configuring TSPE.

Thanks,

Vent
    Hi,

I have responded to your PM regarding this, for the others, the issue is caused by illegal PMTs in the stream. It looks as if this is produced by MyTheater as I have seen this issue very recently! It seems the original PMTs have all been merged to use the same PID which can be seen if each PMT is examined.

I have added (major) functionality to TSPE to be able to fix these streams and will be available in the next release which should be out very soon!

Regards,

Vent
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    So after loading the .ts file were you able to view the video or is that the reason why it won't render?
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    So after loading the .ts file were you able to view the video or is that the reason why it won't render?
    Yes, there is no video preview as the PMTs are bad - the directshow filters can't handle the stream. You can verify this if you try to open the file in graphedit.

In the next version, you will be able to fix the PMTs but you will need to pass it through TSPE first before you can have video preview working.

Regards,

Vent
    Quote Quote  
  13. Hi Ventolin

I've been using this to top and tail HD TS files, but all of a sudden I'm getting errors with it. It will read the files but whenever I try I get the follow type of message in the bottom left window:

Trial Version.
    You have 6 days left for evaluation.
    Licensed to: betatest, Email: betatest@bitstreamtools.com
    Version: 0.740
    Buffer Size: 1540096

Opening: H:\HD PVR Captures\2009_3_15_23_46_54.TS
    Opening File...
    Video Loaded.
    Auto Finding PIDs
    PID Attribute List:
    PID: 0x1011: H.264 1280x720 (1280x720) @ 50.000 fps
    PID: 0x1100: AC3: 2/0: L,R 44.1KHz 160Kbit/s

Scanning For Format Changes
    File size: 10336894804 Bytes
    Video Resolution from Codec: 1280 x 720 @ 50.00 fps
    Duration from Codec: 28800.80
    Duration from Timestamps: 28800.78
    Average System Bitrate: 2871281.90
    Done.
    EDL is Empty, Using Currently Set Start & End Points.
    Copying Data...
    Processing EDL Item: 1 of 1
    New PAT Generated.
    New PMT Generated.

Error:
    Index was outside the bounds of the array.
    PID: 0, iPii: 0, ProgIndex: 0
    Warning: No identified video PID found in this section.
    Total time taken 0.16 seconds, write speed 0.0 MB/s

Edit complete: successfully written file with 376 bytes.

Error HRESULT E_FAIL has been returned from a call to a COM component.
    Internal Viewer Closed.Trial Version.
    You have 6 days left for evaluation.
    Licensed to: betatest, Email: betatest@bitstreamtools.com
    Version: 0.740
    Buffer Size: 1540096

Opening: H:\HD PVR Captures\2009_3_15_23_46_54.TS
    Opening File...
    Video Loaded.
    Auto Finding PIDs
    PID Attribute List:
    PID: 0x1011: H.264 1280x720 (1280x720) @ 50.000 fps
    PID: 0x1100: AC3: 2/0: L,R 44.1KHz 160Kbit/s

Scanning For Format Changes
    File size: 10336894804 Bytes
    Video Resolution from Codec: 1280 x 720 @ 50.00 fps
    Duration from Codec: 28800.80
    Duration from Timestamps: 28800.78
    Average System Bitrate: 2871281.90
    Done.
    EDL is Empty, Using Currently Set Start & End Points.
    Copying Data...
    Processing EDL Item: 1 of 1
    New PAT Generated.
    New PMT Generated.

Error:
    Index was outside the bounds of the array.
    PID: 0, iPii: 0, ProgIndex: 0
    Warning: No identified video PID found in this section.
    Total time taken 0.16 seconds, write speed 0.0 MB/s

Edit complete: successfully written file with 376 bytes.

Error HRESULT E_FAIL has been returned from a call to a COM component.
    Internal Viewer Closed.

Any ideas what the problem might be please?

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi Emanef,

I have just found out that this is a major bug that affects people with a temp licence and some people with a full licence.

I'm working hard on it as we speak and hopefully will have a fix (and new release) within 24 hours or so.

Will keep you updated of course!

Sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

Regards,

Vent
    Quote Quote  
  15. Same errors here (temp license).

Thanks for the quick response.
    TSPE has become THE tool for making frame-accurate edits on .TS files captured from my HD-PVR 1212 - no other tool like it at the moment.

The only issue I really have with it is more of an annoyance, but when advancing frame-by-frame in the video window (forward or reverse), the frames seem to jump backwards a frame or two, then forward 2 or 3 frames, then back again, forward again, etc. etc. It usually takes a bunch of button presses to get to the exact frame I'd like. This only seems to happen when advancing by individual frame and not by I-frame or by time jumps (1 or 10 second advances).

Dean
    Quote Quote  
  16. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by cincyreds
    Same errors here (temp license).

Thanks for the quick response.
    TSPE has become THE tool for making frame-accurate edits on .TS files captured from my HD-PVR 1212 - no other tool like it at the moment.

The only issue I really have with it is more of an annoyance, but when advancing frame-by-frame in the video window (forward or reverse), the frames seem to jump backwards a frame or two, then forward 2 or 3 frames, then back again, forward again, etc. etc. It usually takes a bunch of button presses to get to the exact frame I'd like. This only seems to happen when advancing by individual frame and not by I-frame or by time jumps (1 or 10 second advances).

Dean
    Hi cincyreds,

Thank you for your kind words regarding TSPE!

The frame step issue you are seeing is because TSPE works at very low level (right down to the Packet) - you are moving through the stream exactly how frames are stored in the stream. Have a look at the byte positions as you step forwards a frame, you'll notice they will be going up every time. Now look at the PTS/DTS timestamps in the Decode window as you frame step. You'll notice the PTS jumps backwards and forwards as you describe. The PCR timestamp will always go upwards however.

So you are able to see the frames in the stream exactly where they are in the stream!

While this is useful for the advanced users amoung us, I'll add in a mode where it works at the PTS (Presentation Time Stamp) level so frame +/- works as you would expect.

The temp licence issue is addressed in the next post!

Regards,

Vent
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi folks,

New version 0.755 now up at website!

http://www.bitstreamtools.com/download

Hopefully this will fix the issues you have had with edits.

If you have a full licence you might have to regenerate your activation details and email them in again.

New 30 day temp licence, everyone's temp licences get reset to 30 days!

Quite a few new features added to 0.755, the most notable is the Table Editor.

This auto-sorts and auto-selects video and audio PIDs, can create missing PAT / PMT files for Topfield PVRs and others, supports ITVHD, AC3 stream now prefered instead of the mp2 audio description stream for BBCHD, fixes alot of broken tables from capture software outputs, you can drag/drop PIDs in the tree to re-order them and a whole host of other features too.

One issue is still remaining however, audio resync offset is not working, this will be fixed in the next update.

Please let me know how you get on with this release. I haven't had time to test this a much as I would like as the licence issue has pushed this release forward.

Apologies again for the inconvenience caused and thank you for your understanding!

Looking forward to your feedback,

Regards,

Vent
    Quote Quote  
  18. Originally Posted by Ventolin
    While this is useful for the advanced users amoung us, I'll add in a mode where it works at the PTS (Presentation Time Stamp) level so frame +/- works as you would expect.
    Vent
    Thanks for the great/fast support. Your explanation of the frame advance is perfect and now I understand why it works like it does. Looking forward to the "PTS" mode.....

A quick test of a video clip edit seems to show that the license issue has been fixed.
    So far so good.

Just curious - while I'm on the trial license at the moment, what advantage is there to purchasing a full license right now? Is the current price shown a limited-time promotional price? If so - do you know what the regular price will be after initial release?
    And if I purchase the full license now, will that allow for lifetime upgrades, etc?

Thanks.

Dean
    Quote Quote  
  19. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by cincyreds
    Just curious - while I'm on the trial license at the moment, what advantage is there to purchasing a full license right now? Is the current price shown a limited-time promotional price? If so - do you know what the regular price will be after initial release?
    And if I purchase the full license now, will that allow for lifetime upgrades, etc?

Thanks.

Dean
    Hi Dean,

The new trial licence lasts for 30 days after which TSPE will stop working. The price at the moment is indeed a promotional price and is expected to increase, but the details have not been finalised yet.

If you purchased TSPE now, your licence will be valid upto version 2 which is quite some time away! With version 2 there will be an upgrade price however.

Of course if you do purchase TSPE you will get preferential support and your suggestions for product features will have a higher priority!

Your support would mean a great deal however, as it's been a long hard road to get TSPE to where it is today and every purchase injects enthusiasm and determination to make TSPE as good as it can be!

Regards,

Vent
    Quote Quote  
  20. Originally Posted by Ventolin
    Your support would mean a great deal however, as it's been a long hard road to get TSPE to where it is today and every purchase injects enthusiasm and determination to make TSPE as good as it can be!
    Done. Just purchased it, but had to send an email to receive license file.

On a side note, when ordering, it didn't seem clear as to what to enter in the activation details section. I didn't enter anything because I had no idea what to put for username and the code fields. It would seem easier to automatically send the user the license file in the confirmation email right after purchase and just eliminate that part of the order page.

Anyhow - keep up the great work. It's the only tool I've seen that can reliably edit raw .TS files captured from the HD-PVR 1212.

After editing with TSPE, I convert the edited file to MKV using an outstanding free program named "XvidForPSP" (http://www.winnydows.com/page.php?2).
    Don't let the title of the program fool you - it's a Swiss army knife for video conversion and I still can't believe such an incredible tool is freeware.

Thanks again for TSPE - it's a Godsend.

Dean
    Quote Quote  
  21. That's great Ventolin! I'll give that a try! Thanks!

concyreds, what are you using XvidforPSP to do, make the MKV smaller than the captured TS? If you're keeping a similar size you might just want to demux and remux to mkv. Only takes a few mins to do a 2 hour movie, compared to hours to re-encoding.
    Quote Quote  
  22. Originally Posted by Emanef
    cincyreds, what are you using XvidforPSP to do, make the MKV smaller than the captured TS? If you're keeping a similar size you might just want to demux and remux to mkv. Only takes a few mins to do a 2 hour movie, compared to hours to re-encoding.
    I use XviD4PSP to transform the captured TS to MKV for playback via wired ethernet on my TVIX 6500. Xvid4PSP does no re-encoding (unless you want to convert to some other format). Basically, it demuxes the raw transport stream, then remuxes to MKV as you mention. And yes - a 90 minute movie only takes a few minutes. The filesize is irrelevant - I want highest quality. Hard drive space is not an issue (I have about 12 terabytes right now).
    There are other tools that demux/remux to MKV, but XviD4PSP is free and supports an unbelievable number of input/output formats. I'm not quite sure why the developer named his program "Xvid4PSP" because it does SO much more. It's one of the very few programs I've tried which properly transform a TS file into a MKV file and by far has the best user interface and capabilities.

Although the TVIX will play back TS files, navigation is limited. MKVs play back nicer on the TVIX and moving forward/backward is smoother and better supported. Also, the MKV container offers chapter support which the developers of the 6500 say is a planned feature addition for an upcoming firmware updgrade. I've already ripped my entire DVD collection to ISO format so every movie I own is now on a hard drive - no more DVDs.

I recently bought the HD-PVR 1212 which does a really nice job of capturing HD content from FIOS TV. I use TSPE mainly to remove commercials from recorded shows.

What would be REALLY great is if TSPE added support for saving to MKV (with the ability to add chapters). That would probably be a lot to ask, though.

Dean
    Quote Quote  
  23. I didn't realise you could just remux in Xvid4PSP, I'll have to give it a go. I've been using TSmuxeR to demux and then MKVtoolnix to remux to mkv, but if that can do it all in one step and I can btach them that'd be less hassle.

Re adding MKN output support to TSPE.... might be worth asking the author.....!
    Quote Quote  
  24. Originally Posted by Emanef
    I didn't realise you could just remux in Xvid4PSP, I'll have to give it a go. I've been using TSmuxeR to demux and then MKVtoolnix to remux to mkv, but if that can do it all in one step and I can btach them that'd be less hassle.
    Very easy:

- Open the .TS file you want to convert.
    - Choose "MKV" as the Format option.
    - Make sure the "Denoise" and "Brightness" options are set to Disabled.
    - Set both video and audio encoding to "Copy"

Click "Save" to choose your output filename, then click "Encode"
    If you check the output log you'll see it basically demuxes, then remuxes to MKV - no re-encoding.

I was using the exact same tools as you (tsMuxer and MKVtoolnix) until I found Xvid4PSP.

Quote Quote  
  25. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello,

Thank you for your software! It seems very promising, and I will buy it as soon as... I will be able to use it.

My purpose is to edit H264 files from my Canon HF100 camcorder.

Those .MTS files load easily in TSPE.

I can put Start and End points, then add them to EDL.

Then I cannot continue:

1) when I press Test, I get "Error: Quick-parsing packet header - Index was outside the bounds of the array."

2) when I press Edit, I get '"Error: Buffer underrun in edit operation, reading non-final blocks in final loop pass. PID: 4112, iPii: 0, ProgIndex: 0 Error: Edit failed, only 384 bytes written."

Thanks for helping!
    Quote Quote  
  26. Cheers cincyreds, I'll give that a try! :thumbs:
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by houba78
    Hello,

Thank you for your software! It seems very promising, and I will buy it as soon as... I will be able to use it.

My purpose is to edit H264 files from my Canon HF100 camcorder.

Those .MTS files load easily in TSPE.

I can put Start and End points, then add them to EDL.

Then I cannot continue:

1) when I press Test, I get "Error: Quick-parsing packet header - Index was outside the bounds of the array."

2) when I press Edit, I get '"Error: Buffer underrun in edit operation, reading non-final blocks in final loop pass. PID: 4112, iPii: 0, ProgIndex: 0 Error: Edit failed, only 384 bytes written."

Thanks for helping!
    hmmmmmm........sounds eerily similar to what I experienced using version 0.74.

Havent tried 0.75 yet and if I get the same errors as 0.74, then its back to H264TS Cutter. Its free and it works most of the time.
    Quote Quote  
  28. Originally Posted by DVWannaB
    hmmmmmm........sounds eerily similar to what I experienced using version 0.74.
    Havent tried 0.75 yet
    Definitely update to .755 - there was a major bug in .74 and .755 fixes it. I was also getting these same errors in .74 and .755 fixed it.
    Quote Quote  
  29. I've never been able to get H264TS Cutter to work, either on my Vista laptop or my XP desktop. Doesn't like any of my TS files. Gave up with it.
    Quote Quote  
  30. Originally Posted by Emanef
    I've never been able to get H264TS Cutter to work, either on my Vista laptop or my XP desktop. Doesn't like any of my TS files. Gave up with it.
    Although I've been able to open my .TS files with H264TS_Cutter, it did not do a clean job of cutting on non-IFrame breaks. At each break there would be a short burst of pixelation on the final video. TSPE's output is perfect - transitions between cut points are seamless and noiseless no matter where I decide to cut.
    Quote Quote