VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi i have an avi file and the audio is out of sync... whats the easiest way to fix this?

cheers!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Assuming it's a DivX/Xvid file, and it needs just a linear shift (same delay as a constant throughout - ahead or behind) then try DivXMuxGUI.
    I hate VHS. I always did.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Tried installing DivXMuxGUI and it keeps coming up with a window saying i must install .net 1.1.... and to install .net framework... i click on the link and it takes me to the down load for .net 3.5 SP1 so i download and installed it and then tried the setup again but it is still saying the same thing??? why?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    tried with virtualdub just shifting the audio and i can get it synced at the beginning but then it prograssively falls out of sync further as the avi continues...

how can i fix this?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by the_shyguy
    Tried installing DivXMuxGUI and it keeps coming up with a window saying i must install .net 1.1.... and to install .net framework... i click on the link and it takes me to the down load for .net 3.5 SP1 so i download and installed it and then tried the setup again but it is still saying the same thing??? why?
    Because NET 1, 2 and 3 are all separate runtime packages. You need to install 1.1, not 3.5. Go here:
    http://www.microsoft.com/net/Download.aspx
    ...and click on the link for 1.1 at the bottom of the page. After installing (including any possible reboots), go to Windows Update and see if there are any updates for any of the versions of .NET installed on your system, just to be on the safe side.
    If cameras add ten pounds, why would people want to eat them?
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    is there any other program i can use that doesnt require .net?

i tried YAAI but it is coming up and saying that the pins are not aligned when i click on the sync audio tab???
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by the_shyguy
    tried with virtualdub just shifting the audio and i can get it synced at the beginning but then it prograssively falls out of sync further as the avi continues...

how can i fix this?
    Well, now this is different. As I stated, I was assuming a linear shift in my first post. There are only two repairs that I know of in this latter case:

If you have the source:
    Re-encode the video and audio separately with reliable tools for each. Avoid all-in-one's, which tend to be problematic. This is common practice with many experienced encoders. You can always mux the result together in the end with many available tools for this.

You don't have the source:
    You're screwed. Kidding. :P Well, if the audio keeps straying away from one common displacement throughout, the only thing I can recommend at this point is re-encoding it with an audio editor. What kind of audio is it? You may need to convert it to .wav, stretch or contract it to the size of the video length, re-encode as such to the format you want, and re-mux.

As for .Net Framework, think of it like a language that some programs use that also saves programmers time with built-in settings. Many programs use it today, and won't install/run without it.
    I hate VHS. I always did.
    Quote Quote