VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Can someone please help me with this problem.

I have a dvd disc with a home made video of a wedding on there but i can not get it to play on my dvd player or my pc.

When i look at the proprties of the disc it has used 576mb, but when you explore the disc it has only one folder VIDEO_TS and a dvdcam.ifo file which is 32kb. In side the one folder there is 5 files, VIDEO_TS.BUP 12KB,VIDEO_TS.IFO 12KB,VIDEO_TS.VOB 26KB,VTS_01_0.BUP 30KB,VTS_01_0.IFO 30KB.

When i try to run the disc i get a main title screen up which is like the start of a videcammorder screen but nothing else.

I have run neroagent on the disk and i have attached a picture of the scan results. But it only says there are 6 files with a total of 142kb.

Can someone please help me to get this disk to work.

I have tryed for hours with no joy.

Cheers

David

Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I changed the subject. Please do NOT use just please help me.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Just a thought.

From the screen grab it seems that this disk is a dvd-ram disk almost exclusive for Panasonic (Matshita) recorders and not the more usual dvd -r or dvd +R. Only a handful of PC burners can also play dvd-ram disks and the same goes for stand-alone dvd-recorders.

I assume that you did not make this disk yourself. In that case you need to ask the person who made it to re-burn it to a dvd-r disk.

Even with 576 meg. you would be looking at only a few minutes of video. And the files as reported do not give any playback files which would start with VTS_01_1.vob. Video_TS.vob is a meu file.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    And it doesn't appear all of the files can be recovered. So the file with the actual video wasn't burned or is corrupt and cannot be retrieved. Look at the file sizes, the folder is 575MB, but the recoverable files only total 142kb.
    Google is your Friend
    Quote Quote