VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    guys i need some minor help i have a ps3 in the living room and a xbox 360 in the kids room, i set up a pc with vista ultimate and use TVersity to stream, i have no problems on the ps3 playing, mp4, avi etc. however on the 360 i can play only avi, the 360 will not play .mp4 i use mkv2vob o convert from mkv to mp4. my mission is to only convert the files so that the same files can be streamed to both player, and yes i have installed the optional media update on the 360, and yes i have made sure everything is at 4.1 i have even tried a file that is less that the 4gb file structure for xbox. which is another question can the xbox play stream larger files than over 4gb. any help on the answers on the question above will be greately appreaciated. thsnks
    Quote Quote  
  2. It could be the audio that the 360 doesnt like.

The 360 will not play MP4 files with AC3 or 5.1 AAC audio (the PS3 does apparently), as far as MP4 files are concerned, the 360 will only accept 2 channel AAC audio..

XenonMKV and Gotsend do a similar job to MKV2VOB, they leave the video alone, and convert the audio to 2 channel AAC, this should be acceptable for both the PS3 and Xbox 360

The 360 doesn't seem to like most files over 4GB, except for WMV.
    Quote Quote  
  3. I 2nd XenonMKV it does a great job and very quickly...I've never had problem with any video that I've ran through it for the 360...and as said I'd keep the file below the 4gb the 360 seems to choke on the larger ones
    Quote Quote