VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. ..
    Last edited by Salamantis; 8th Mar 2016 at 01:40.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You might take a look at MKVTools. It has an MP4 converter built in, and it's track aware, meaning it should handle the subs and audio tracks without issue. I never use it as the container for these doesn't matter much to me, but it might have what you need.

There is a Mac version available. I think the MP4 piece requires registration and a purchase for $4.99. Not too pricey.
    Impossible to see the future is. The Dark Side clouds everything...
    Quote Quote  
  3. ..
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hmm..does anyone remember if Yamb / MP4box has a converter? You might check that one out as well. It should be in the tools section here. I don't recall if it will re-wrap an MKV into MP4 but it might. It's been a long time since I used it.
    Impossible to see the future is. The Dark Side clouds everything...
    Quote Quote  
  5. ..
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by Salamantis
    Hello!

Well I've just downloaded a TV series and some anime and they came in MKV format.
    What I want to do is convert them all at once (batch) so that I don't need to manually convert 50+ vids to MP4. The problem here is that the subs are ASS subs softcoded into the MKV itself. I've tried VisualHub on the Mac but it seems to ignore subs, and I've tried some other converters on PC but they either don't work or are not capable of batch processing.

The MKV:
    Track 1: V_MPEG4/ISO/AVC, -vid 0
    Track 2: A_AAC, -aid 0, -alang jap
    Track 3: S_TEXT/ASS, -sid 0, -slang eng

I want something free that can convert to MP4, preferably with presets so that it's playable for XBox 360 (GOTSent doesn't work with the subs for some reason) and iPod.

Does any one have any suggestions? I'm pretty desperate here, I've spend 3 days trying things now

Thanks.
    All you need to do is click 'force quicktime encodoing' in the advance options tab. The only thing you have to make sure of is that each video and subs have the same name and in different folders. You can then drag them into Vidualhub and presto!

Hope this works for you!
    Hash
    Quote Quote