VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have a HP Business Inkjet 1200. This is my second one because it does the job for me. I am happy about everything but one thing.......... When I am running glossy paper sometimes it grabs two sheets and prints half on one sheet and half on the 2nd sheet.

It does this very infrequently. (Like now) How do I get it to stop doing this?

Thanks

bryan kendall
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Static is probably causing the sheets of paper to stick together. Try fanning the paper before you put it in the printer. If this does not help, there is a trick that you can do but it may be a little inconvenient if you do a lot of printing on glossy paper - separate each piece of glossy paper with a sheet of regular copy paper
    "I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered! My life is my own" - the Prisoner
    (NO MAN IS JUST A NUMBER)
    be seeing you ( RIP Patrick McGoohan )
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hey thanks Number 6.

By fanning.................. do you mean to shuffle them like a pack of cards to seperate them?

Is there a device to get rid of the static? Ant-Static spray or ??????

Big bry
    a wild and crazy guy
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by bryankendall
    Hey thanks Number 6.

By fanning.................. do you mean to shuffle them like a pack of cards to seperate them?

Is there a device to get rid of the static? Ant-Static spray or ??????

Big bry
    a wild and crazy guy
    Sort of like that - it will break the static bond between the sheets of paper. I do not know of any devices that will get rid of static, and you do not want to spray anything on paper! Moisture and damp storage conditions are very bad for paper - it needs to be stored in a dry place.
    "I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered! My life is my own" - the Prisoner
    (NO MAN IS JUST A NUMBER)
    be seeing you ( RIP Patrick McGoohan )
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    How old is the printer? I have had similar problems with HP laser printers once they get a few miles on them. I change out the "pick-up roller assembly". Costs me less than $20. Source: http://www.partsnow.com/
    Quote Quote