VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I had 1 success in burning a vcd...it was in 2 halves. For the second half I bought new discs. They are memorex cd-rw high speed. (80 min)
    It says you can write from 4x to 10 x. This is the only difference I see. My old disk is memorex high quality recordable compact disc with 4x speed (74 min) When I try to burn the movie with the new disc it says it does not support this medium.
    Any help is appreciated.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Have a look at the replies to this question.

http://www.vcdhelp.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=77766

I don't know if the same applies to you but give it a try
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thank you for replying. I had read that post....but I don't think it applies to my situation. This is a frustrating habit isn't it?
    Quote Quote  
  4. whats the make of your burner,
    here is why , i have 2 burners both do CD-RW, however one only goes to 4x ( Pioneer A03 ), and does not recognize any 4x - 10x rated media, the other burner has no problem with it ( Memorix too ) as it's a high spped cd-rw ( Plextor 24/10/40 ), but will not recognize the 4x rated cd-rw media either.
    Quote Quote  
  5. I use nero to burn...I do not use the wizard because in the tutorials it tells you not to. Do I sound like an idiot... :P because I am very new at this.
    Quote Quote  
  6. the wizards are not that smart
    the reason i aksed for your burner model is to determine what type of media it uses in temrs of hi-speed cdrw (4x - 10x ) or lower speed ( 4x and lower rated )
    Quote Quote  
  7. Sorry my english...

I think that exist 2 types of CDRW.

See the logo in CDRW and the logo of your Burner.

If the logos are diferent, then the burner don't burn.

I tried a CDRW with a logo diferent of my burner (for 4x to 10x) and don't work. The others for 1x-4x work.

The logo is this: "... recordable..."
    Quote Quote  
  8. If I'm understanding you correctly ....and there's a good chance I'm not you need to know what I burn the vcd with? It is my cd drive (cd-writer plus, on an HP pavilion ME ) I can't find the model #. I use the trial version of Nero to burn it.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Jorgan, the logo is Hi-speed, that what you are looking for on the CDRW media cases, as my Plextor does not have any such logo on the drive itself, though there is a good chance it mentions it in the owners maunal , which I never read.... :P

as for the HP Pavillion, it probally a HP cdrw, not sure what model of thre drvie, though all the HP cdrw's I have seen usally have a drive number on the front bezel, 9100 ect... but when they are part of a Hp Pavillion case it might be different. Nero in demo mode will not burn at top speeds in CDR or CDRW media, I think you are stuck at mnimum recording speed in either mode.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Thanks so much for replying...and you were perfectly clear.
    My new disks are recordable...the only difference I see is the color (purple if that matters) and can write up to 10 speed
    Quote Quote  
  11. Thanks guys ... It is a cdrw..as far as the serial # I have no idea.

The disks say that it can write from 4x to 10 speed. The other disks I used before was only 4 speed. :P
    Quote Quote  
  12. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    If I understand the question properly, then you are trying to burn to a "High-Speed" CD-RW with a non-high-speed drive. Even though the new discs say 4x-10x, as quoted on the back of my Verbatim high-speed CD-RW's (4x-10x).... "...is designed for use in drives with a high-speed cd-rw logo."

ie: Even though your old drive does 4x, the new high-speed cd-rw's will not work with it unless your burner has a logo which says "compact disc rewritable high-speed" as they are different rewritable media than the older disc's which are rated 1x-4x.

So, unless the front of your drive says "High-Speed" on it, you might as well take the discs back and get your money back, because they will not work You're stuck with "1x-4x CD-RW's" until you get a new drive.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Thanks for replying....that might be the problem.
    I wasn't trying to burn at a higher rate....the disk says it can write from 4 to 10.....is there anyway to fix it so I can write at 4?
    Quote Quote  
  14. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    That is the problem, and you can't get around it because your burner is not a "high-speed" burner.

1x-4x are older RW discs, intended for use in older 1x-4x RW burners.

4x-10x discs are the new RW discs, intended for use only in burners with the high-speed RW logo. If your drive does not have the words high-speed on it beside the "compact disc rewritable logo", then you can't use high-speed (4x-10x) discs.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    ie: Unless you see this logo somewhere on the front of your burner (note the words "High Speed")...

you can't use 4x-10x rated CD-RW's. Even though they are 4x-10x rated, they are different media and will not work in non-high speed drives. You can only use RW's rated for 1x-4x. There is no way around it.

Hope that helps
    Quote Quote  
  16. Yes thank you so much. It makes sense to me. Although I did some music on one of the newer cds...but it would only hold about six songs. Strange huh?
    I had an old cd around...that I've erased many times...and now that won't work...probably damaged.

Thanks again for all your help. This site is really informative...I love it....that says something for one such as myself.....who's extremely phobic when it comes to anything technical
    Quote Quote