VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I purchased a HP video cam and we recorded a family christmas video to send out, only to hear that nobody could watch it. It's in VI format, and I can hardly even find anything on this....I used the software that came with it...All the conversion programs I find don't even list VI, not AVI, can anybody help me out here...I pd 40.00 for this thing and if we can't share recorded video's then it is useless....Can I use windows media player or center to record videos with my cam? Thanks.
    And any questions just ask...please

Monica
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    That is likely the cameras default recording format (proprietary to HP). You may be able to manually change the recording format in the camera/software setup.

What make and model is the video cam? There is also very likely software that came with the camera that can perform the conversion or burn DVD's for you. And regardless of the listed file support, you could try opening the files with any conversion software you are familiar using as it may work.

You can also open the files using gSpot or media info and post a screenshot of the file specs.
    Google is your Friend
    Quote Quote  
  3. how about a little more info. what model cam? do you have a small under 5mb sample of it you could attach here so it could be examined? if not use mediainfo or gspot on a video and paste the results.
    Quote Quote