VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Are there any free video editors or movie makers that can join image files and music files to create a movie in .avi or some other format file? And free softwares for converting these files again to H.264 encapsulated in MPEG-2 TS?
    The secret of being different is to be yourself!!!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Check out the Tools section.

https://www.videohelp.com/tools
    "Just another sheep boy, duck call, swan
    song, idiot son of donkey kong - Julian Cope"
    Quote Quote  
  3. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    You could use Windows Movie Maker and output as dv-avi and convert to h264 or mpeg-2 in a free converter like hc encoder(mpeg2) or xvid4psp(h264).
    Quote Quote  
  4. I am using Win XP SP3 with Windows Movie Maker v2.1. It does not give dv-avi output option. Could you suggest how to get this output or pleae suggest alternative?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Yes it does. In the Save Movie Wizard, select "Other settings." DV-AVI is one of the options in the pull-down list.
    Quote Quote  
  6. I just checked it. But the file size is too big. Can't I get a software that can save it in compressed avi?
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    First, edit in a good format, like DV-AVI, then convert the finished project to divx/xvid, mpeg2, or h.264 using conversion software listed under the Tools section of this site. You have lots of choices. However, compressed avi formats (like divx and xvid) are not good for editing. That is why you should stick with DV-AVI for the edit phase. Thereafter, you can make the conversion to a much smaller, playback format and remove the huge DV-AVI file off your hard drive.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Frankly speaking, i do not wish to perform any editing task on the AVI file. Actually I need to convert audio files into MPEG2 TS. Because it is not possible to do so without attaching any video to the audio file, i need a tool that can attach a blank image with the audio file and export it as avi or some other format and keep the size as small as possible for further conversion to H.264. Please help
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Frankly speaking, what you want to do will result in a video that looks like shit.
    Listen to the wise advice of staying with DV-AVI for early steps.
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote  
  10. The stated goal does not seem to make any sense. You are working with audio yet using a video codec and container.

It would be helpful if you stated clearly what it is you are trying to accomplish, and why. Doing this in your very first post would be helpful.

Similar concepts have been covered for other formats, making a blank video file and then encoding it to the desired format in the correct length to match a given audio stream is fairly simple. It's one way to do DVD or VCD audio.

Why you would want to do this as H.264, in an MPEG-TS stream, makes me wonder if there wouldn't be a far simpler way to accomplish your ultimate goal.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Actually, I am working with a Video Streaming Server that can take only MPEG-2 TS files as an input. Since audio only files (MP3 or AAC) are not MPEG-2 TS and thus incompatible with my Streaming Server, I thought of attaching a dummy video (wallpaper) with these files so that they could be converted into MPEG2-TS. If anybody can suggest a better way of doing this, I would be delighted.

Anywayz I am now able to convert mp3 files to AVI or MPG files by attaching a black image with it using some video editor. I now need an encoder that can convert this AVI or MPG file into H.264 encapsulated or muxed in MPEG-2 TS so as to make it compatible with the Video Streaming Server.

I have tried many free softwares but none give output in MPEG-2 TS and paid softwares like Procoder & Mainconcept create output files that are big in size as compared to the bitrate setting I am using. I have used VLC as well but there is no control over parameters like Profile, Level etc.

Can anybody please help me?
    Quote Quote