VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Aloha Gang,
    When I try to play a video file in WMP or any player I get multicolored lines all across the screen as to where the video is not viewable. Audio,wave..mp3 play with no problem. When I turn off WMP there are still lingering lines at the task bar area and around the mouse pointer. This was happening and i had bad sectors on my C drive so i swapped it out with a new one and still the lines persist. This includes reinstall of WP. The lines persist. Any ideas? Thanks for your time....bob
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Might be worth re-installing or updating your graphics drivers.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Re installed drivers, catalyst etc no joy still lines when any video is played..??
    Quote Quote  
  4. maybe a bad card? try running a test program like this.

http://freestone-group.com/video-card-stability-test.htm
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Aloha Gang,
    Ran that vid card test 2x. Both times as it started the lines multiplied all across the screen and about 20 sec. into it,= blue screen"a problem has been detected......seems to be caused by the file ati2dvag." This is on my older email machine with an agp card radeon 1300. I have an editing machine and a laptop. Also was gettin' ready to upgrade email machine after the holidays anyways. I guess I could pick up a cheap agp card for now or just transfer anything I realy want to view ,video wise to one of the other machine. As i said in earlier post I just reinstalled software so must have latest drivers or maybe put in older set?? Thanks for your help..bob

ps then went back and ran benchmark=55fps and then tried stability test and it ran for 20 min with the result=failure
    Quote Quote