VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I had to buy my girlfriend a new MP3 player for her birthday, since the Nano she had bit the dust in just under two years. She decided to try a Sony unit, since it came highly rated. I set it up about a month ago when I first got it and I used Winamp to interface with it and make playlists, transfer music, etc. Today I hooked it up to charge the battery adn when I open Winamp the program constantly crashes. Complete uninstall/reinstall has no effect. I can only get it to work if I use the autoplay function to launch the MP3 player in Winamp when I first connect it. It works then but slower than it use to. Regardless, I can't figure out what it causing it other than Winamp's generic drivers being flaky according to their forums. I hate the way WMP handles it's library, but that is the software it's designed to use. I'd like to find some alternative though that would work more like Winamp. Any suggestions?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    http://www.mediamonkey.com/

or you could try a uninstall/reboot/ccleaner registry repair of winamp but then maybe the sony drivers need updating/tinkering with
    Quote Quote  
  3. Already tried a clean reinstall of Winamp. Evidently this problem has been around off and on ever since Winamp 5 first came out. I was looking at MediaMonkey but I'm hesitant to try it based on several reviews I've seen about it deleting system data. I'll have to look into it more in depth. Right now I've found that Songbird works fine with the MP3 player but it's still very buggy since it's still in the early stages of developement.
    Quote Quote