VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello,

I need to ask the experts why the video is jumping while playing. The video is 1440x1080 format. Here are my PC specs:

P4 3.0 Ghz
    Ati Radeon 2600 Pro AGP
    1280x1024 HDMI Philips 190X monitor
    2,5 GB RAM
    80 GB & 250 GB SATA HDD's
    Board: ASUSTeK Computer Inc. P4P800SE
    Vista Ultimate

In Vista the weakest part in their benchmark is processor. I wonder if its because processor cant hadle this type of videos.

Also, I can play 1280x720 fine, so maybe its because the monitor is not widescreen and can only go to 1280 pixels wide??

thanks
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    What kind of video? h264 video(usually in a mkv file)? Then try Media Player Classic Home Cinema.

Or wmv(wmv or vc-1)?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Baldrick
    What kind of video? h264 video(usually in a mkv file)? Then try Media Player Classic Home Cinema.

Or wmv(wmv or vc-1)?
    Its WMP v9 (VC-1 Simple/Main) , thats what gspot says
    Quote Quote  
  4. First try running DXVA Checker. It will tell you if your graphics card and drivers support DXVA (hardware decoding by the graphics card). You will need to enable DXVA to get smooth playback.
    https://forum.videohelp.com/topic360761.html#1916479
    I'm pretty sure a Radeon 2600 has DXVA support.

I'm not sure how to control that with WMP. Assuming DXVA shows your system is capable of DXVA with VC1, try using MPCHC with DXVA enabled to see if that works. That will tell you if there's any hope of getting DXVA working on your system.

From MPC select View -> Options -> Internal Filters. In the right pane make sure VC1 (DXVA) is enabled. Double click on it make sure your graphics card is listed in the DXVA Settings box. You might as well check H264/AVC (DXVA) while you're there. Exit MPCHC and start it up again. Now try playing your file.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    jagabo, thanks.

I just checked the drivers, and found that theres a new HOTFIX release on sapphire website, released on 15th Dec. Am downloading it now. If that wont fix it, I will go ahead with your solution.

I guess this looks fine:

Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Well, I think I found the problem. My CPU temperature was very high up to 70 degrees C, so I cleaned my tower/fans, and now the cpu temperature 40-50 degrees

Although, I deleted the 1440x1080 video, the 1280x720 plays smoothly now, before it didnt play that smooth, I guess it was the cpu overheat problem and caused my system to run slow.
    Quote Quote