VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello.. I am new here. I have a old Panasonic DMR-E30. I have some old vhs I want to convert to DVD.. some are masters that have lost a little sharpness and other are copies of copies. I would like to find something I can put in between my vcr and panasonic to clean up the video signal. Please advise me of the best unit to buy.. Thank you for you help.

Regards..
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    https://forum.videohelp.com/topic239205.html discusses video processing hardware, so start there.

Copies of copies is more of a problem because a lot of issues aren't on the tape you have, but were on previous tapes and are now part of the recording. Some of these issues you may just have to live with.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thank you.. I did look at that thread and I see quite a few suggestions. I don't want to get into $400 or $500.. just something that will clean up some old football tapes. I will look again and see if there is a answer..
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Unless you are willing to spend some money, you won't get much return. There are a few cheap stabilizers, but the effect they have is minimal unless you are trying to remove copy protection. They don't have any real video processing abilities.

If you have already captured some footage then it would be worth posting a short clip so we can see what sort of issues you are dealing with.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote