VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    I'm rendering an Xvid to SVCD in ProCoder 3 - looks like ProCoder ismaking an m2p file. Sorry for the (doubtless) redundant question (I checked guides, but I'm not sure): How do I get a working CD-R SVCD? I have IMGBurn. Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You have to author it using an svcd authoring package. Having never made an svcd, I can't recommend one for you.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    normally the files would be .mpv and .mpa or a combined .mpg. check the .m2p and see if it's a vid+aud 480x480 mpeg-2. if it doesn't have an audio channel you'll need to make one with under 384kbps MPEG-1 Audio Layer II out of your source audio and then mux them into a mpg.

you can use vcdeasy to generate the bin/cue files or burn it to cd once you have a compliant mpeg-2
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I think ProCoder will mux them when it's finished, 480x480 mpeg-2. It's pretty bad, I know, but how do you burn a bin/cue to CD-R with IMGBurn - any idea? Thanks, guys.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    select the cue file with imgburn in write mode. it is one of the few burning apps that will correctly burn svcd's m2f2 format.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You rock.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Why SVCD? DVD-R media is Cheap. DVD-R/RW drives are under $20 online. FREE DVD players are abundant on www.videohelp.com (please look up Media Player Classic). LightningUK does have the best burner bar none, but I'm trying to work with you on this one.
    ;/ l ,[____], Its a Jeep thing,
    l---L---o||||||o- you wouldn't understand.
    (.)_) (.)_)-----)_) "Only In A Jeep"
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I can't speak for the OP specifically, but I can offer some possible answers generally: There are some people who want their media playable on older computers that do not have DVD drives, but which are otherwise capable enough to decode MPEG2 at the required speed. "Get a newer laptop" is not always a practical answer. Or maybe because the cheap DVD-R media they could use is too crappy, and they have a gigantic quantity of good CD-R media they want to use up. Or maybe because the end users are going to be kids who may mistreat the discs, and CDs are more robust than DVDs. Etc.
    Quote Quote